Star Martial God Technique - Ch. 345

Dex-chan lover
What the actual fuck? What's the point of this shit?

And since I read the small spoilers in the comments here, even if in the novel it was consensual... what the fuck is the point here?

I imagine the author changed it so it does not seem that the MC has consensual sex with someone else, when he wants the MC to ends up with Yuning. I guess he wants to avoid the MC being someone who "sleeps around". But still, what the fuck? Is he being raped any better?

If the author wanted so bad to avoid the consensual sex, so that he can present the MC being just with one girl, he could have just... avoided it? There was no need for this scene, just have the girl reject him and leave, and be done with it.
Instead rape, really?

This manhua is very quickly approaching the point where I just drop it... And it's still tagged harem by the way. I sincerely hope we don't get any more of these pointless shenigans. Also as far as I know, in these kind of settings poligamy is generally "allowed", if uncommon. Really no reason to go down this shitty path..

Double-page supporter
I don't understand why everyone's complaining about the rape (though it is super fucked up). Rape is the third most common thing in a xianxia story next to fighting and "Courting death!". It's just usually women who get raped. First time I've seen it the other way 'round.

I'm more concerned why she left with him when she wasn't intending to stay with him. He's wounded the Prince over nothing and she can't possibly go back into her position as a spy anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel I'm bothered because this is not the usual kind of rape.
It's actually... rape by someone who cares about you. What the actual fuck? This chapter is one of the worst storytelling I have ever seen. It has nothing to do with gender and the fact the rapist is a woman this time around.

I can sort of understand the normal, horrible kind of rape. You have the perpetrator who is often a trash human/beast, and the oppressed, usually a weaker woman. It's there for story purposes, generally to show how despicable an opponent is, or to motivate the MC/main cast to get revenge.
Here... it makes NO sense. This is not the girl seducing the MC, no. This is her raping him (he's completely out of it, maybe even unconscious) for zero reasons whatsoever. Because she cares for him. What?
No seriously, WHAT?

Dex-chan lover
Xueyun m showing us once again why she is inferior to Yuning.

MC should stop simping for her melodramatic ass and just settle with the girl who actually fucking wants to be with him and wouldn't knock him out and rape him for no reason.

Double-page supporter
@Nehona

Actually, in xianxia, it's rarely to show how despicable the aggressor is. It's considered normal in their worlds. Women are 'treasures' to be claimed, killed for, abducted, raped. They're also always weaker than some guy of their own cultivation level, ergo they can't protect themselves in a world where might makes right, so they always wind up raped unless they live a sheltered life as a princess or young mistress of a powerful clan. Though both could be sold off into wedding arrangements they don't want which will also involve them being raped. Not having a dick in a xianxia story is pretty much the worst thing you could do. It's not too uncommon for wuxia/xianxia MC themselves to also be rapists. It's one of the many tropes of cultivation novels based on the backwards thinking of Chinese society. Women are weak, men are strong, and gays are creepy perverts who have to be killed (and are almost always depraved villains - which is ironic, the men are so afraid of being raped when they're rapists themselves, but the stories are written to make it seem like being raped by a gay is the worst thing ever, and raping a woman is just a bit of fun). Also, bisexuals don't exist and lesbians are a myth.

As for why she did it, I can understand it to some degree. She wanted to consummate the love they share before she abandons it to follow her path. He wouldn't have agreed and instead wasted the night trying to get her to stay instead, because he's an actual good-guy MC. Maybe she wanted to get pregnant, maybe she just wanted to have this carnal knowledge of him before never getting to see him again. I can kinda see the thought process behind it.
Fucked up? Certainly. Makes SOME kind of sense, yeah. But, I'm not going to fuss over it simply because it's likely not rape in his mind. He's upset that she's gone, not that she date-raped him. I can't see him as a victim (since he doesn't see himself as one), so I have a hard time thinking of it as actual rape.

Dex-chan lover
Meh, just let her go. She isn't a very interesting character anyway

Double-page supporter
Ah, the ancient rape and run technique. A devastating art passed down through many generations.

Dex-chan lover
If only he'd seen it coming, he could have enacted the ancient art.
grNZe7n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread