Starting Today, We’re Childhood Friends - Vol. 10 Ch. 99.6 - Volume 10 Bonus Chapter 2: Yuu's Valentine's Day

Dex-chan lover
How is he a part of the literature club when he's this dense? How does he understand any of the stories he reads when he can't read between the DAMN lines?!
tbf if you're not already 'popular' you'd have to have be a pretty confident person to assume someone's into you just b/c they're the opposite sex and you hang out (after all she calls her 'Yuu-nee' so i imagine he prolly sees her more as family, idk how he'd react if he saw her on a 'date' with someone else tho), but that's on her for not saying 'it's honmei chocolate' even if ppl aren't always straightforward about it , but it tends to be a thing in real life too where ppl don't realize obvious signals (but it rly depends on the person, i've heard anecdotes where some guys have said "i thought this was a date?" and "no? i just invited you to hang out as a friend..." which would be a pretty big blow to someone's self confidence even if they were fine with being friends [or, the other person being misleading on purpose inviting to hangout and being like "Great, it's a date~" but being lighthearted])

i'd rather someone be endearingly oblivious (nothing wrong with a girl making a first move/maybe she will if she sees someone semi flirting and just impulsively does a kiss haha, hard to misread that signal) then those annoying teens who are like "oh she's so into me" just after saying like two words to each other

Dex-chan lover
tbf if you're not already 'popular' you'd have to have be a pretty confident person to assume someone's into you just b/c they're the opposite sex and you hang out (after all she calls her 'Yuu-nee' so i imagine he prolly sees her more as family, idk how he'd react if he saw her on a 'date' with someone else tho), but that's on her for not saying 'it's honmei chocolate' even if ppl aren't always straightforward about it , but it tends to be a thing in real life too where ppl don't realize obvious signals (but it rly depends on the person, i've heard anecdotes where some guys have said "i thought this was a date?" and "no? i just invited you to hang out as a friend..." which would be a pretty big blow to someone's self confidence even if they were fine with being friends [or, the other person being misleading on purpose inviting to hangout and being like "Great, it's a date~" but being lighthearted])

i'd rather someone be endearingly oblivious (nothing wrong with a girl making a first move/maybe she will if she sees someone semi flirting and just impulsively does a kiss haha, hard to misread that signal) then those annoying teens who are like "oh she's so into me" just after saying like two words to each other
While what you've said certainly can apply top real life, it can be pretty annoying in manga with how overused it by many authors and how it's often used for repeating joke/romance stalling device every other chapter with the same couple of characters. I think the part when you have the same dynamic shown repeatedly makes it feel like "she keeps signaling you for years at this point, at least think about the possibility". He's annoying because he feels like brick wall, not because he's unrealistic (he isn't), there is nothing endearing about him. You can at least make funny manga scene with teen who falls in love instantly, and then for example his friends are talking sense into him before he shaves his head because she's into bald heads.

You're also right about her not being open, of course in real life people can sometimes be not-obviously flirting to gauge the other person's interest in potential dating, to cancel and pretend it was just a joke if there isn't positive response, but at some point she should either give up or ask him out openly, instead of being satisfied with status quo of kinda-like-dating in their club room. Unfortunately, this one is full manga trope relationship, and IMHO the most boring one compared to other couples. Those tsundere childhood friends are trope-y, but at least funny with their bickering, and main couple is - the guy is actually aware, just playing along since that seems to be best way for now, and girl is kinda getting there, so it doesn't feel like waste, and she's endearingly wacky-cute sometimes.

Supporter
How is he a part of the literature club when he's this dense? How does he understand any of the stories he reads when he can't read between the DAMN lines?!
It's not even between lines, she strait up says it's special chocolate. Like holy fuck even I would have gotten it. Dude's dummer than a box of rocks!

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
This guy spent all his level up points in intelligence and still didn't get it

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
While what you've said certainly can apply top real life, it can be pretty annoying in manga with how overused it by many authors and how it's often used for repeating joke/romance stalling device every other chapter with the same couple of characters. I think the part when you have the same dynamic shown repeatedly makes it feel like "she keeps signaling you for years at this point, at least think about the possibility". He's annoying because he feels like brick wall, not because he's unrealistic (he isn't), there is nothing endearing about him. You can at least make funny manga scene with teen who falls in love instantly, and then for example his friends are talking sense into him before he shaves his head because she's into bald heads.

You're also right about her not being open, of course in real life people can sometimes be not-obviously flirting to gauge the other person's interest in potential dating, to cancel and pretend it was just a joke if there isn't positive response, but at some point she should either give up or ask him out openly, instead of being satisfied with status quo of kinda-like-dating in their club room. Unfortunately, this one is full manga trope relationship, and IMHO the most boring one compared to other couples. Those tsundere childhood friends are trope-y, but at least funny with their bickering, and main couple is - the guy is actually aware, just playing along since that seems to be best way for now, and girl is kinda getting there, so it doesn't feel like waste, and she's endearingly wacky-cute sometimes.
well at least they're just side charas, but other than 'aggressive/straightforward girls' being looked down upon/it's not rly part of their culture to make the 'first move' outside of like the shoujo love letter/confession meetup or so, i imagine it'll be at a stand still, tho i'd hope the author would establish like one couple to show on a date or so unless they're not confident on making romance (but yeah friendship aside, i feel like a 'tsundere' personality in a romantic context/date would get exhausting, tho realistically not many ppl act too tsundere if they're close enough to date, or it might borderline be close to potentially becoming toxic depending on how they act but that's a whole diff story)

(maybe it'll be like gsnk where the tertiary/3rd charas over the secondary couples get together before the main charas do lol)
It's not even between lines, she strait up says it's special chocolate. Like holy fuck even I would have gotten it. Dude's dummer than a box of rocks!

Thanks for the chapter!
maybe she should've said 'honmei' instead of 'special' b/c it could just be 'special' to him b/c they were already friends before to where it'd be nicer/closer than 'giri'/obligation chocolate

Supporter
"Honmei". It's two damn syllables. "Hon". "Mei". If you don't say it, he'll never get it. You wanna get BSSed? Because this is how you get BSSed.

Dex-chan lover
Is there a single character in this story who doesn't have some sort of messed up disorder/problem?

Users who are viewing this thread