Starting Today, We’re Childhood Friends - Vol. 9 Ch. 86 - Childhood Friend and Hairstyles

Dex-chan lover
Her anxiety is definitely born from him not making a move (or him not rejecting her outright) as that chapter makes it clear. She wants to retain a way of not making it weird, so she says it's nothing.

That said, she misinterprets his teasing as rejection of her appearance. Many girls subconsciously (or even consciously) change appearances for their men, but other than health, men aren't so appearance-driven.

I can't say I've seen this exact situation outside of manga, I've seen pieces of this in my grade school days. My fiancé's little sister is a big tsundere like this, thought she keeps trying to get our advice and never leaves us alone, so MMC's plight is very relatable here lol

Dex-chan lover
lol i love how he says 'black' as if it's not what most JP ppl have/like she would've been able to dye it (tho, strictness aside i'm surprised it wouldn't be a trend for some elementary aged kids to be like pink and pastel blue to get it outta their system, or during summer break or so)

Dex-chan lover
image.png

natsume stonks 📈

Dex-chan lover
I really really love this author art style. It is so cute and detailed at the same time.

Thanks for the chapter!!

Users who are viewing this thread