Starting With a Lie

😍 everyone in this piece is to be adored... the characters, the author, the illustrators, the editors, literally EVERYONE involved in the creation of SWAL is a genius. 😍

The art is so beautiful!! I love the look the watercolors give, there is do much life in the drawing, jet it is simple.
Beautiful.
The story is sweet, jet with lies and life in generel in every cap.

I adore this very much, a little sad baecause it's over but really happy to finished this wonderful journey~

this is the third manhua i've binged to completion, and the 3rd time i've had to ask myself at the end if it was worth it. the plot won't be for everyone. the premise (as you can tell by the title) is that each character is always lying to hide the fact that they like the other person. if you can appreciate that the artist is trying to make the characters realistic (they're imperfect, they're scared, they're stupid) then i think you'd enjoy this more than i did. however, for someone as impatient as me, this was a pretty frustrating and annoying experience, with the constant miscommunication and constant wishy-washy-ness that i think was taken a little bit too far. if you're curious about how the story resolves:
each pair literally only confesses in the LAST CHAPTER !!!! and in my opinion it wasn't a very satisfying resolution, either.

Supporter
the art for this manhua is absolutely gorgeous with its watercolours style!! the story is cute and such a long slow burn but the parts in the middle are fun which in my opinion alleviated the slow burn with cute and funny situations. I would honestly love extra comics if the author ever decided to make any but I'm generally satisfied with the ending
bc it's happy endings all around ~

the art is beautiful and it is a slow burn but its almost unnecessary? every development feels like nothing bc it goes out almost instantly so it feels like nothing actually happens a perma state of neutral throughout and by chapter 40 i gave up

The art for this is wonderful and its almost worth reading for that alone but the story is sloppy. While I did enjoy it for the most part of felt very rushed at the end due to speeding through the confessions of the two main couples. I feel the story would have been better if the two couples had resolved their issues separately to let the relationships feel more distinct...

They art is really nice, but its a little TOO slow for my liking. I made it about 30 chapters in and just got bored because nothing really happens. Not sure why it's a slow burn....I don't feel the burn I guess. I really wanted to like this, too RIP

Users who are viewing this thread