Still Sick - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

a033a639c35f355dbd5fbc6fddde4e0d.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
I absolutely love they went through the whole misunderstanding so quickly and were thinking of each other the entire time. Gosh.

Dex-chan lover
Speeding thru dumb shit other manga takes 4 years to conclude sasuga gay girls

Fed-Kun's army
YEAAAAAA BOIIIIII

I'm so proud of these two dumb babies.

And also I'm so glad the author decided to solve the drama in the same chapter it was introduced, without milking it for several chapters on end.

Also chiming in to say holy FUCK am I glad that the drama was taken care of in a reasonable manner. Shimizu being stuck in her head as Maekawa ever so gently gets them both naked was a funny bit too. Here's hoping they actually get to enjoy each other without something coming up, lord knows the girls deserve it.

I relate so damn much with Makota that I'm so happy they're like that! I love these two, they're amazing, even my heart beats fast cuz of their moments

Dex-chan lover
It's a little bit weird to say, but I went back and read over their conversation at the cafe and near the waterfront multiple times and took notes. I feel like the author must have spent a lot of effort writing this scene. It's really easy to create drama by putting one person in the wrong and playing up the hostility, but with only the well-intentioned blunder of telling a lie, the drama is sustained and resolved because both people are taking good and kind-hearted actions according to what they know.

I feel like a conflict between people with zero malicious intent for each other, and aren't being unreasonable, isn't something that gets crafted by chance.

Fed-Kun's army
@icekatze
I actually just did too, and I agree with you 100%. After rereading the entire series up until here again, I found that the character and relationship development was well planned without going down a cliche rabbit hole and/or pumping up the story with too much drama. Akashi-san really thought this story out beat-by-beat, which seems to be where a lot of mangaka drop the ball. This chapter - and Maekawa’s little lie, like you pointed out - is definitely an incredible result of that thoughtfulness.

Nonetheless, super excited for the next chapters. :D

Dex-chan lover
@tducouteau
To be honest, I almost dropped this manga back in Chapter 13 when Maekawa told Shimizu that she hated her. I'm not the sort of person who thinks it is romantic to have a fight and then make up (I guess I have a friend's awful parents to thank for that) but I was still really relieved to see the difference in how they treated each other now as opposed to then.

I suppose it makes sense for a story to be well thought out when one of the plot points is someone trying to figure out how to write a better story. Can't wait for the next chapters either. 😋

Dex-chan lover
All comments seem to be happy. But Am I the only one thinking that the timing was off?
At the cafe when they tried to clear up their misunderstanding. Why did Shimizu didn't burst out in tears. She was at this moment at the emotional breaking point. But they dragged it out. It was that time span that was so off. The run off at p12 should have followed this conversation somehow. But it was like a nirvana in between that didn't were quite right.
What followed afterwards however was diabetes 3.

Dex-chan lover
AND #LetMaekawaFuckHerGF2k20 WAS ALREADY ACHIEVED! MARVELLOUS WORK!

I'm sooo glad they didn't drag it out. And that they not only understand each other enough to read their body language, but that they also confront it when they realise the other is upset.

But seriously Maekawa, you gotta trust Shimizu more.

Fed-Kun's army
😂 their story is real cute, and that hotel scene gave me tons of laugh😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread