STOP! PIRACY - Vol. 1 Ch. 16 - What is ABJ?

Power Uploader
Publisher: "So, how effective was the idea of using a collaboration comic to campaign against manga piracy?"
PR intern: "The pirates scanlated the comic."
Publisher: "… Whose stupid idea was this?"
PR intern: "Yours, Sir."
Publisher: "Thanks for reminding me. You're fired."

Dex-chan lover
happy that there's finally a manga to help remind people to stay safe when they pirate manga :)

Also stop piracy party is over party

Dex-chan lover
Publisher: "So, how effective was the idea of using a collaboration comic to campaign against manga piracy?"
PR intern: "The pirates scanlated the comic."
Publisher: "… Whose stupid idea was this?"
PR intern: "Yours, Sir."
Publisher: "Thanks for reminding me. You're fired."
Honestly they most likely are just doing it to keep investors and the brass happy. The people working in the industry knows that piracy is good for promotion and increasing sales. It's similar to how Microsoft has more or less monopoly by being ridiculously easy to pirate, and all their "efforts" to stop piracy are low effort. They even let you use and easily download windows more or less for free now with a watermark and some restrictions to personalization, just to avoid people downloading illegal tampered versions and creating botnets.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I suppose it's reassuring that a main concern (almost?) all of these have is that these piracy sites are lining their own pockets with ad money at the expense of the creators, and putting you at risk of fraud and viruses and whatnot.

Group Leader
I loved to hate this series! And I loved your translations, thank you. Oh, but we still have the ABJ manga, which is even lower effort on everyone's part.

Contributor
I loved to hate this series! And I loved your translations, thank you. Oh, but we still have the ABJ manga, which is even lower effort on everyone's part.
That's true! (I definitely didn't forget that I was translating that... :worry:)
Also, for anyone that wants to check it out, here's the link:
https://mangadex.org/title/96b0d216-d389-491c-b063-e283b5b2c198/

There are 47 chapters that are 1 page long! (as of right now, I only translated it up to ch14, but I'll continue after I finish translating ch1 from Mayonaka Punch)

Dex-chan lover
I suppose it's reassuring that a main concern (almost?) all of these have is that these piracy sites are lining their own pockets with ad money at the expense of the creators, and putting you at risk of fraud and viruses and whatnot.
You wouldn't download an anime girl would you?

Users who are viewing this thread