Story of a "Jobless" Champion and a Princess Who Together Find Their Happiness - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.1

Seeing a lot of "Joker" and "Jester" guesses, so I will offer up "Trickster." Though, since this is a manga it very well could be flat out "Loki."

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit the aristocrat is actually aware of the maid's position (the most trusted maid by the princess (2nd most important person in the country)) and back off instead of causing a huge fuss about it

@NSteve I was startled by that too , but there might be an explanation.
The aristocrats instantly identified what kind of magic Krona was using, so [recording] seems to be common knowledge (at least among the nobles). Even if the awareness about such magics (or similar) is limited to a few circles, the MC was likely to be in one of them as the colosseum (something part of the entertainment industry) probably made use of it for recording fights. And once something need describing it’s not unlikely for a word to appear for that purpose.

If this were a western fantasy, I would say she has to be a bard, because bards are pranksters and tricksters, they are a gish class that can cast spells, and a magic that record things and can play them back with fall right into their affinity. Bards are also known to play the role of spies, informants, and information gatherers, which would fit her current occupation in the castle.

However, this is a manga, and not western fantasy. So given the fact that she has directly stated herself that her job requires her to mess with people, I think it's pretty clear she's a jester from Dragon Quest.

@Rel_ He was also smart enough to not say anything himself. He let his disposable idiots be his mouth for him, because it gives him plausible deniability. He's clever, and used to maneuvering in an environment where anything he says could potentially be recorded. He recognized the recording magic immediately. He probably also realizes he had just walked into a trap set by the princess, which is why he backed off. And he was smart enough to back off, and let the mop to the face go.

We actually have an intelligent villain, here. Smart bullies are a rare character.

Dex-chan lover
She's rather cute, and her ability is rather useful as well. Can she use it on living beings to stop them from attacking (or at least finishing an attack)?

I'm surprised he knows the word "video". So they have television in that world.

For real, I think the correct word you're looking for is "event"

She's probably a [Jester] or [Trickster], though I don't quite see how that kind of profession would have a Recording ability since it sounds like something a [Bard] would have.

@Kaiju i swear people like you are everywhere.... it’s only chapter 4.1 and you already gave me that “why is he so passive?” Crap. I get it,okay.... most manga readers just want to see CHAD MC that kills people mindlessly with their oh so strong op skill, so stop shoving it down other people’s throat every time it doesn’t go your way!!!

Supporter
That maid job is |Maid-Ninga-Assassin-Idol-Clown-Wrecker] XD

Users who are viewing this thread