Stuck on long strip reader

Hi, since the last update from like half a day ago I can’t change the reader mode or the image sizing. The button’s still there but it’s greyed out, and I don’t know if it’s meant to be that way or if it’s a bug or something.. please tell me how to fix it if I can, long strip mode is the worst mode imo. I’m on iOS btw

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Well, just to make sure, it's not a long strip title right? (typically mostly Chinese(Manhua)/Korean(Manhwa))
As any series tagged with "long strip" is forced into long strip only mode

Well I’m watching Martial Peak, but I’ve been reading martial peak for months now and I’ve always read in single page mode (I think that’s what it’s called). So unless they coincidentally made it long strip within hours of a new update to mangadex, then I’m guessing it’s not that. I read like 5 hours before the update and then I could still read it in single page mode

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
I thought Martial Peak was longstrip? It's got the tag, at least.
Martial Peak huh.. while it's hard to remember all the previous chapters that one kinda has clearly defined ~3 panels per page with straight horizontal edges at a regular interval so that one can pretty much be read either or from what i can tell 🤔 (longstrip looking is just easier for websites to implement no? since it's just putting all images in a row vertically)

Martial Peak huh.. while it's hard to remember all the previous chapters that one kinda has clearly defined ~3 panels per page with straight horizontal edges at a regular interval so that one can pretty much be read either or from what i can tell 🤔 (longstrip looking is just easier for websites to implement no? since it's just putting all images in a row vertically)
Sure it's easier, but it's worse, and it wasn't like this before, so I was wondering what happened to it, but I guess they just decided to update the manhwa to long strip only.. really sucks.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Sure it's easier, but it's worse, and it wasn't like this before, so I was wondering what happened to it, but I guess they just decided to update the manhwa to long strip only.. really sucks.
I'm talking about it being easier for websites in general, not mangadex since they have a reader and all already capable of being paged and longstrip in both vertical and horizontal directions, it was more of a "if you only have a bare bone website and you don't use some kind of manga template thing then the easiest way of putting the images up there is just to literally just putting them up in a row without anything fancy in between" (like a certain *nelo aggregator)

I'm talking about it being easier for websites in general, not mangadex since they have a reader and all already capable of being paged and longstrip in both vertical and horizontal directions, it was more of a "if you only have a bare bone website and you don't use some kind of manga template thing then the easiest way of putting the images up there is just to literally just putting them up in a row without anything fancy in between" (like a certain *nelo aggregator)
Oh okay, but if I might ask, what's your point in relation to this thread?

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Oh okay, but if I might ask, what's your point in relation to this thread?
Of my last post? nothing i suppose, just wanted to clarify things because your post i replied to sounded like you were blaming MangaDex in a weird way because of what i wrote so eh /shrug

Users who are viewing this thread