Succubus Tamer no Isekai Musou - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
It’s not.
Read both, and when realising both are from the same authors, the similar nuance suddenly came to make sense. Well, could also because the drawing style for both are like from the same school :D
Ah. Apologies for misunderstanding you!

I did think the art-style was quite similar, myself. I forgot to check though, haha.

Chapter 3 is up now, if you weren't aware :)

Dex-chan lover
Bro second-guessed her offer only to go "alright let's go" 1 second later

OpN

Why even bother writing a story if it's going to be this bad lmao

Dex-chan lover
I actually prefer "ara ara" to be translated. I don't think leaving it untranslated works well in text form. It's something you have to hear spoken.

MD@Home
That is some cancer-level typesetting. "Sorry for the squeezing" Well, then maybe don't squeeze so fucking much? Zero line-spacing, line-breaking at the most retarded places in words … What did you TS this with, a crowbar?

Seriously, you have to be positively braindead to not see something wrong here:
(One of a bazillion examples. Wanted to quote some more, but I'd be sitting here all night.)

No school would ever teach English so bad to let this slide. Proofreader and quality checker, my ass! What quality did you check?

Yes, this may be MTL, but only a human can fuck things up so badly and not even feel bad about it.

Have at least some standards, will you? Use a dictionary, ffs. Like this one. See the little dots? That's where you can break the words. See no dots? No line-breaking that word! No discussion. Break the bubble, even the panel, if needed. Use bubble space more creatively, especially double bubbles. It's okay to nudge lines off center.

At least you consistently put the line-breaking hyphen where it belongs, at the end of the broken line, something that can't be said for many other TS who have material published on this platform who for some retarded asspull reason think it's okay to put it at the start of the next line, even and especially for honorifics despite this having exactly zero typographic justification.

Double-page supporter
That is some cancer-level typesetting. "Sorry for the squeezing" Well, then maybe don't squeeze so fucking much? Zero line-spacing, line-breaking at the most retarded places in words … What did you TS this with, a crowbar?

Seriously, you have to be positively braindead to not see something wrong here:

(One of a bazillion examples. Wanted to quote some more, but I'd be sitting here all night.)

No school would ever teach English so bad to let this slide. Proofreader and quality checker, my ass! What quality did you check?

Yes, this may be MTL, but only a human can fuck things up so badly and not even feel bad about it.

Have at least some standards, will you? Use a dictionary, ffs. Like this one. See the little dots? That's where you can break the words. See no dots? No line-breaking that word! No discussion. Break the bubble, even the panel, if needed. Use bubble space more creatively, especially double bubbles. It's okay to nudge lines off center.

At least you consistently put the line-breaking hyphen where it belongs, at the end of the broken line, something that can't be said for many other TS who have material published on this platform who for some retarded asspull reason think it's okay to put it at the start of the next line, even and especially for honorifics despite this having exactly zero typographic justification.
Wow, I can see you are very zealous about this topic, haha.

Apologies, but this is the first manga I have attempted to translate (as expressed in the note on chapter 2), so I definitely expected criticism.

I am grateful for the feedback. However, I would have preferred if you hadn't resorted to straight-up insults.

Nowhere, had I stated that my translation/typesetting/quality checking/etc. would be perfect. I apologise if it does not meet the standard you are looking for, but I believe that it should at least be understandable - and better than nothing, which you had been receiving for the last 7 months.

I did not mean for this reply to sound aggressive. Aggression leads nowhere.

I hope, if you continue to read my work, that you will be a little more understanding in the future.

Alternatively, I would be more than happy to hand the series over to you, if you would prefer.

Regards,
Lectonal.

MD@Home
this is the first manga
And that was my first response to a product of yours. Your point?

You misunderstand. This had nothing to do with "first time". This could have been about any written product of yours. This was about you choosing to produce this state of quality despite overwhelming ubiquity of problems appearing right during creation, reference material that demonstrates how to avoid or mitigate such problems, and mandatory education.

which you had been receiving
Pfff, don't flatter yourself, you owe me nothing. However, I would have thought what you owed to yourself was a little more self-respect in that you wouldn't let yourself seen with such easily preventable mess. (And before you think, "What about your self-respect, what with your foul mouth and all?" Yes, I'm not going to excuse bad language for being bad, but I am at least using it purposefully, as a literary device. Look up 'hyperbole'. Can't say I found any purpose in your choices behind what typesetting you found acceptable to be let out the door.) Insults? Nah. There is no merit or benefit in hurting you. I don't even know you.

You keep apologizing, but really the only person you ought to apologize to is yourself.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter

You misunderstand. This had nothing to do with "first time". This could have been about any written product of yours. This was about you choosing to produce this state of quality despite overwhelming ubiquity of problems appearing right during creation, reference material that demonstrates how to avoid or mitigate such problems, and mandatory education.

Pfff, don't flatter yourself, you owe me nothing. However, I would have thought what you owed to yourself was a little more self-respect in that you wouldn't let yourself seen with such easily preventable mess. (And before you think, "What about your self-respect, what with your foul mouth and all?" Yes, I'm not going to excuse bad language for being bad, but I am at least using it purposefully, as a literary device. Look up 'hyperbole'. Can't say I found any purpose in your choices behind what typesetting you found acceptable to be let out the door.) Insults? Nah. There is no merit or benefit in hurting you. I don't even know you.

You keep apologizing, but really the only person you ought to apologize to is yourself.
Wow, this guy is a psychopath. If you hate the typesetting that much, do it yourself

Double-page supporter

Alright.

Everyone has the right to an opinion. Fair enough.

Perhaps, if I had a little more experience, I would have produced a better chapter.

If I had put as much effort into studying typesetting/quality checking/proofreading/all three (whichever it is that you are complaining about), as you had put into your response, it may have been better - I can't fault that logic.

I do not have an English degree. If you do, or are simply extremely enthusiastic about it, I can see the reasoning behind your ire, when it comes to the quality of my work.

I agree, that all work should aspire to be your best work. However, with this being my first attempt, I do believe I am entitled to have a learning curve.

Apologies if my lack of typographic professionalism has hurt/offended you. This is not aggression masked by politeness - I truly am sorry.

I would not like to argue any further; I would like to believe I am an empathetic person. Prolonging an argument has no benefit, other than a surplus of very raw emotions.

One last time, I am sorry if I have hurt you.

My best regards,
Lectonal.

Edit: Apologies if I am out of line, in saying the following. I like to believe that there is good in all people, but I can't overlook that there are those who disagree.

If the intent behind your messages was to to hurt me, in an act of perverse self-gratification, I would say that, up until a point, you have succeeded. Does that satisfy you?

I am only human. I am aware that the world isn't just sunshine and rainbows, however I see no need in deliberating your words in a way, as to cause as much damage as possible.

I am grateful for your comments. For the most part, they will help me to improve going forward. If you hadn't worded them quite the way you had, I would only have gratefulness for you.

The way in which sentences are structured is important, I am aware of that. However, I would also argue that the meanings behind them are equally, if not more, important.

As you have stated, I do not know you - just as you do not know me. Therefore, in my opinion, we should take even more care in the way we converse.

I do not mean to lecture you on morals. Perhaps there is a reason why you act the way you do, outside of my comprehension.

I also do not mean to be patronising. I only hope that you can that you can show others the respect I am attempting to show you.

You may choose to ignore me, or even ridicule me for putting this across the way I am, but I am aiming to be as genuine as possible.

Apologies for the 5000 word essay.

Last edited:
MD@Home
some shroom-induced musings where the only detectable relevance to a previous exchange boils down to being posted in the same thread

And this is why you don't do drugs and respond to forum threads, kids.

It's mindboggling how you got pretty much everything wrong. I say it's basic, ubiquitously documented English, you ascribe it to a degree. I say hurting you would be without point or merit, you question whether my intent was hurting you. I say doing it differently was exactly the same effort (it's literally just counting a different number of letters to insert the line break), you condition a better outcome with more effort. I say the train of decisions is agnostic of the medium, you keep hiding behind the "my first manga typesetting" excuse.

How does this work? Did you actually read what I wrote? Did you just skim it and picked some scary-sounding words out of context to imagine a response to? How do you figure your response to be taken if it doesn't even match what's happening? Why are you talking oranges when apples's the word?

Users who are viewing this thread