Succubus to Hajimeru Shinkenkousai - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Blue Balled

Dex-chan lover
Whenever I heard the MC go "I won't be able to contain myself" I think it's a playful joke about being horny, but for some weird reason it's often treated quite literal and the MC proceeds to essentially r*pe the love interest in a frenzy as they scream about how much it hurts. It's weirdly consistent and really puts me off.

Like 'Extremely Straightforward Boyfriend × Girlfriend' or more recently with 'Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai' but I've seen it in dozens of Manga's. Personally, I really dislike it. But it's so weirdly common and I wonder if it's because 90% of fluffy Manga time skip past this part so the ones that do show it are weirdly rough when they do, usually played for laughs too. Do you guys know what I mean? Am I crazy?

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about you but if food talk regardless if they want to be eaten or not , I will not eat them.
yeah they drop that line like its some crazy revelation but if you think about it for more than 3 seconds it sounds batshit insane
like, yeah. i usually don't eat living things that tell me they don't want to be eaten. i'm pretty sure if that situation happened i would indeed abstain
Whenever I heard the MC go "I won't be able to contain myself" I think it's a playful joke about being horny, but for some weird reason it's often treated quite literal and the MC proceeds to essentially r*pe the love interest in a frenzy as they scream about how much it hurts. It's weirdly consistent and really puts me off.

Like 'Extremely Straightforward Boyfriend × Girlfriend' or more recently with 'Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai' but I've seen it in dozens of Manga's. Personally, I really dislike it. But it's so weirdly common and I wonder if it's because 90% of fluffy Manga time skip past this part so the ones that do show it are weirdly rough when they do, usually played for laughs too. Do you guys know what I mean? Am I crazy?
you're not crazy. the unfortunate combination of needing to have comedy + fanservice being good for sales means that anything broaching sex, which is a pretty deeply serious and sensitive topic, must be delivered in lighthearted comedic tones. it makes it pretty easy to treat things like rape and sexual assault as unserious punchlines. mix with a blindness towards non-straight sexuality and a nebulous concept of consent and you've got prime breeding ground for terrible tropes: men being painted as perverts unable to control their lust, same-gender best friends who harass and grope and it's "totally okay because we're both guys/girls", the gay character that is funny because they are gay and that's weird (sometimes those last two mix and it's especially annoying because it just paints gay people as perverts taking advantage of status quo perception of same-sex friendships), etc. etc.
you'd probably have better luck reading non-comedies that verge more on drama because without a need to make everything a joke they have more of an interest in treating serious things seriously. but that's a shame since non-comedy dramas aren't as fun and fluffy

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So, like I was saying, we really need those exorcists to keep the demons in check at least a little.

Dex-chan lover
yeah they drop that line like its some crazy revelation but if you think about it for more than 3 seconds it sounds batshit insane
like, yeah. i usually don't eat living things that tell me they don't want to be eaten. i'm pretty sure if that situation happened i would indeed abstain

you're not crazy. the unfortunate combination of needing to have comedy + fanservice being good for sales means that anything broaching sex, which is a pretty deeply serious and sensitive topic, must be delivered in lighthearted comedic tones. it makes it pretty easy to treat things like rape and sexual assault as unserious punchlines. mix with a blindness towards non-straight sexuality and a nebulous concept of consent and you've got prime breeding ground for terrible tropes: men being painted as perverts unable to control their lust, same-gender best friends who harass and grope and it's "totally okay because we're both guys/girls", the gay character that is funny because they are gay and that's weird (sometimes those last two mix and it's especially annoying because it just paints gay people as perverts taking advantage of status quo perception of same-sex friendships), etc. etc.
you'd probably have better luck reading non-comedies that verge more on drama because without a need to make everything a joke they have more of an interested in treating serious things seriously. but that's a shame since non-comedy dramas aren't as fun and fluffy

I mean, the exact details aren't the same but their point pretty much stands. Due to urbanisation we've lost a lot of this in the past century or so but back in the day, farmers would take good care of their hogs/poultry/cattle, treat them like pets, and yet still slaughter them when holidays came around. The notion of treating living breathing sentient beings as mere food isn't new to humans either.

Dex-chan lover
Me reading this chapter while I'm eating blueberries as part of my breakfast. :nyoron:

Group Leader

the way i interpreted it, is that he wasnt sure that he wouldnt be able to keep his promises he his clubmates/violate the no illicit relationship rules. most of the time, the way you interpret it is the way that i see, but in this case, i think its honestly different. He wants to abstain from sex for his club, and he feels that if he sleeps in the same bed as her, he wont be able to stop himself from having sex.

This is of course assuming it was consensual, which i believe he would check before. So its less "We cant sleep together because otherwise I would force myself on you" and more "We cant sleep together because im not sure I could keep my promise to my clubmates"

Aggregator gang
Yo, that food comment towards him was extremely cold, wtf. Was not expecting that from the shorty.

Supporter
the way i interpreted it, is that he wasnt sure that he wouldnt be able to keep his promises he his clubmates/violate the no illicit relationship rules. most of the time, the way you interpret it is the way that i see, but in this case, i think its honestly different. He wants to abstain from sex for his club, and he feels that if he sleeps in the same bed as her, he wont be able to stop himself from having sex.

This is of course assuming it was consensual, which i believe he would check before. So its less "We cant sleep together because otherwise I would force myself on you" and more "We cant sleep together because im not sure I could keep my promise to my clubmates"
Definitely this. She would be thrilled beyond words if he "attacked" her, after all.

In most of the cases I've seen of the trope being employed more generally, this is also more or less the case: the female partner has been actively trying to seduce the male character into a more active physical role in the relationship which the male character has been resisting (sometimes with cause, sometimes from plot-mandated stupidity), with the male character insinuating it might not end up where the female partner wants it to (SPOILER: it's usually exactly where she wants it to end up, even if she's kinda overwhelmed along the way).

Uzaki-chan was name-checked as an example of the trope feeling rapey when it's far more an example of this last bit. She's been pushing Sakurai for sex for months and, since accepting his own desires, had been warning her in return that he probably wouldn't be able to hold back if he gave in, to which she insisted she could handle it all. Whoops.

Dex-chan lover

Uhhh hasn't Uzaki been seducing him for a while now to get him to fuck her? I really don't remember the MC there "essentially raping" Uzaki.

The only problem there was the size difference. MC too big down there and Uzaki is a short woman.

Dex-chan lover
Uhhh hasn't Uzaki been seducing him for a while now to get him to fuck her? I really don't remember the MC there "essentially raping" Uzaki.

The only problem there was the size difference. MC too big down there and Uzaki is a short woman.
No, you are remembering it very wrong. Here you go

gz3sdSw.jpg

9uYyZMF.jpg

F73RGQj.jpg

And if you want to reread the chapter go ahead.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/e8f549d9-23a2-430b-b7af-2d91a0882b41/7

Users who are viewing this thread