Suck Me Vampire - oneshot

Group Leader
Hi, scanlator here. One guy mentioned that the ending was a tad confusing. The translation shown was the literal definition of all that dialogue as told by our translator. I have this vague feeling that moe has some connection with garlic, hence why she likes using it. However she's a complete idiot for not thinking it would make her blood taste terrible.

Either that or she's a complete dick.

Group Leader
good translation, however there were a few points where the English felt awkward. disclaimer, I don't know Japanese, so perhaps some of these are just the character's way of speaking.

pg9 "You got some nerve being this kind of a cute girl, by yourself at a time like that!" Sadly, I don't know what this sentence means.

pg10 "I don't know. I've never ran into them before" is in two boxes

pg11 "For those kind of girls, simply her presence draws out the wild woodland animals."

pg11 "I'm just saying that you're not a bad girl but your blood is simply not liked by vampires." alternatively, "I'm just saying that, although you're not a bad girl, your blood is simply not liked by vampires."

pg21 "There are still so many encounters and experiences that could change your values." alternatively can use worldview or perspective instead of "values".

re: ending: Japanese people don't like strong smells, and eating tons of garlic = you smell bad? maybe?

also apparently garlic improves your blood pressure? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570149/

thank you for your hard work

Dex-chan lover
@Yuri_fanatic_ I think the gap moe thing is about a cute girl doing something unexpected like watching pro wrestling or in this case eating lots of garlic... But she thinks that the gap makes her more moe/cute....well the thing is, she's a baka lol

And thanks for the translation I lol'd reminds me of gintama

Thanks for the translation!

I honestly didn't even consider her eating garlic as a reason for the blood to taste bad lol

le3

Dex-chan lover
Oh my side... Thank you for the translation!

well, that ending was really unexpected, after all, she was directly told garlic is bad for vampires...

well she's not moe, she's baka

Dex-chan lover
Eating garlic (strong smell) is considered not girly/feminine and tends be avoided, but she thinks that gap moe makes her hella attractive so she's going for it hard.
Vampire girl: *NO*

(It's the impression I got from a scene I happen to have seen in that Kaguya Love is War anime, where some ramen connoisseur was 100% sure one of the female characters would pass on adding garlic, bc apparently girls tend to)

Users who are viewing this thread