Sugar Dog

Double-page supporter
Pretty clichéd as far as Shounen go; the lovable underage semi-criminals, the stoic teenage badass, the perky Ojou-sama, the (not very) mysterious organisations at war with each other, the psychotic ruthless starter villain, outfits that no sane person would wear and the setting is apparently a somewhat more realistic Ankh-Morpork(?), except it's not fleshed out at all, and therefore another wasted opportunity.

Could be good if the author is a little bold and tries something new, but I unfortunately don't have too much hope...

Group Leader
honestly trash .-.
the worst part is the annoying girl .-.

if you say the girl does not piss you off then you've gotta be lying

G U N B L A D E S

this is uhhhhh, a 90s action OVA. In manga form. My chuuni detector broke at fucking GUNBLADES (a strange looking 1911 with some sort of stylized, vaguely chef-looking knife where the recoil spring should be). Of course everyone in this manga is either COOL AS FUCK and if they have a vagina then they also have huge tits that flop around dramatically (this is art, you philistines!) because nobody in this universe can just shoot someone, it has to be a backflip into a pirouette into slashing them with your KNIFEPISTOLS after which you land, say a one-liner, allow for the relevant Plot Exposition panels, and finally end scene.

It really knows what it's about.

Double-page supporter
The premise sounded fun, and the art is fine (except almost everyone's mouth being constantly open) but the story is too fast-paced. It feels like it's just playing out events to mark out a trope from their shounen-action checklist. Not a lot of character-building, background stories are glossed through, and the plot is just hustling on without letting the readers or characters connect to each other beyond a shallow thread. I've read up to chapter 20, and there's already a major character death and a quick transition into the third or fourth arc, but it all seems so downplayed and finished so quickly it gave me whiplash

Users who are viewing this thread