Suicide Girl - Vol. 10 Ch. 40 - Tomorrow

Double-page supporter
thanks for picking this up and translating it until the end! Was a wild ride. I'm curious about the 'end of part one' caption though, because this does feel like a proper ending (I did kinda like how lowkey it was)

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it, if soru's suicide curse was broken at the beginning of time why would he be there in modern time? He's either be thousands of years old hanging out with children (not uncommon in anime but it makes their relationship weird since he's no longer the same age via reincarnation) or what's the alternative?
I can think of two possibilities. One is that he's hanging out with this group of children specifically because one of them is the girl who saved him. The other is that since he obviously has to be capable of dying in the first place to commit suicide, he simply dies of natural causes in order to reincarnate now.

Both of these explanations do have potentially uncomfortable baggage if you try to justify them with real world morals, but in a world of literal angels and demons where reincarnation is definitely a real thing you can maybe suspend your disbelief.

Dex-chan lover
It ended ok enough, if with a whimper rather than a bang. Hopefully their next work does a bit more to earn that "Girl's Love" tag though...

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating. Reading it all at once, I think the story is really exciting. The art helps a lot. It felt a bit rushed towards the end, but not too rushed to feel like it was axed, IMO. It mentioned how powerful words are, and the ending really hammers that point home. I like it.

Double-page supporter
Wow!! I think the ending of this was pretty sweet, especially the things about someone's joy of life being something small. I'm happy that it was TLed to the end!!! Thank you for TLing!!!

Aggregator gang
Both of these explanations do have potentially uncomfortable baggage if you try to justify them with real world morals, but in a world of literal angels and demons where reincarnation is definitely a real thing you can maybe suspend your disbelief.
It doesn't seem like he recalls his previous lives, so he's just a normal guy as far as that goes.

Given that the series opens with Kirari in a suicidal depression due to the death of her boyfriend, I'm not sure why people took the girls' love tag on a fan site so seriously.

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't seem like he recalls his previous lives, so he's just a normal guy as far as that goes.
We don't know for sure that Soru isn't now an undying angel/demon hybrid now that he doesn't kill himself over and over. But either explanation (we're reincarnating soulmates, or we're soulmates and I've been waiting for you) could potentially be used to try and justify exploitative and abusive things IRL.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating this series until the end.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, she really went through up to 40,000+ years worth of reincarnations just to solve this dude's issues. Them's some relationship goals right there.

• This
Reactions: kdt
Supporter
So Gun girl was just kind of irrelevant? Everybody else comes back and is happy but she is just too inconvenient to keep around?

Dex-chan lover
I can think of two possibilities. One is that he's hanging out with this group of children specifically because one of them is the girl who saved him. The other is that since he obviously has to be capable of dying in the first place to commit suicide, he simply dies of natural causes in order to reincarnate now.

I suppose the first point and yeah I'm more or less fine with him reincarnating. If it's reincarnation it solves the issue of just being ancient and being in middle school but I'm surprised it lines up then since theoretically he'd be much older when he died, it's really not the biggest deal. I'm fine waiting for part 2 to see what happens

Double-page supporter
idc what people say this manga was a 10/10 and was absolute kino

I don't get it, if soru's suicide curse was broken at the beginning of time why would he be there in modern time? He's either be thousands of years old hanging out with children (not uncommon in anime but it makes their relationship weird since he's no longer the same age via reincarnation) or what's the alternative? I'm also obviously upset we didn't get like, any wlw couples at all at the end of a series marked GL. Like yeah these bitches are gay but why do they have to be gay and single?

I'm just venting, whatever. It wasn't a terrible ending, part 2 is coming, I guess I'm still on board. Soru shouldn't be in this though
They explain that Soru isn't a kid that has lived a lot of time, but that he reincarnated and every time he did, he died of suicide.
So basically, this Soru is a reincarnation, except he probably didn't kill himself in all past lives, and phobias don't exist because of the entropy caused by his dead. Think of it in a Madoka Magica way.

Like yeah, the manga surely was axed or will go trough a drastic change, cause the manga is kind of popular, it had a cafe Collab and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread