Suicide Parabellum - Ch. 9

KZO

Dex-chan lover
So now we're gonna see the same story from a different perspective, our Chihaya becomes the murderer that follows the real Ouka from up close.

Does anyone remember any time when the detective guesses who the murderer is to get a reaction, without evidence even? I feel like this is a common trope in crime stories.

Dex-chan lover
@Jacobkettler Yeah, especially when they want them to run to where they hide their evidence or something. I'm fairly sure Columbo does this a few times; like saying "oh, we already got everything we need, don't worry" ... then the bad guy rushes to where he's stashed his incriminating stuff ... only for the police to be waiting for him there, once he for example opened a safe or a secret garage or something.

And I don't know why we're talking about this, but I'm just thinking about the reverse(?) in a sense, which would be in the Andrea Cort series, 3rd book, where the heroine knows the murderer right after the murder had happened, but doesn't say anything about it until the end of the novel, pretending to still investigate it, because she wasn't interested in clearing it up quickly ^^;

Dex-chan lover
"Wha, I don't get what is going on"
"It's fine, just forget it"
- Me, reading this.

Double-page supporter
this is the only dowman work I've read where instead of scratching my head because of how weird everything is I'm scratching my head because I just don't get it

Users who are viewing this thread