Waiting for User [Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta] Making sense of the numbering

Custom title
Staff
Developer
As the current scanlator this should really be up to me to figure this out but I might as well document this before I start buying old issues of Gangan Joker and volumes of the series.

The numbering on the site follows what should be volume numbering, but since Mangasushi dropped the series after volume 8 (and I picked it up) I've been working with magazine raws which are currently at 53, compared to the volume numbering which should be at 96. I've been changing the mag raw numbers to what would be vol numbers, except for the latest chapter (and I'm considering going back and fixing all my old ones back to mag numbers).

The earliest chapters are also kind of questionable seeing how they were seemingly uploaded out of order. I'm guessing they were renumbered at some point to follow the volume chapters, but the raws themselves are a mishmash of mag and vol raws (and I'm guessing based on Korean scanlations).

Anyway, if anyone already has all this figured out and verified, let me know. In particular I'd like to know about the differences in the early mag and vol chapters - which were skipped, are there any that are mag only etc.

Contributor
@Teasday you can ping me what old Gangan Joker volumes and what you want checked as I have everything back till July 2017. IMO we ought to be using the finalised chapter numbers, i.e. the volumes, where possible (this can be problematic if e.g. chapters were combined but were TL’d by different groups etc)

—edit—
I suspect I looked at this before since the issue with the first chapter in opened right up to the first page.

—continued edit—
It’s already gone off the rails by the second volume as the first chapter there, 15, doesn’t match the chapter 15 in the November 2019 issue. The ch 15 on MD matches the volume, and looks to be from a volume raw to boot.
Ch 1 on MD is definitely using a magazine raw (the volume has a white background on pgs 1&2 whereas in the mag it was yellow, and pg 3 is black rather than red in the volume) and I presume ch 2 is also since they were published in the same issue.
Ch 3 on MD is using a volume raw as evidenced by the style of chapter number. Ch 3 in the magazine was also completely different but matches ch 4 on MD so I suspect there are a number of extra volume-exclusive chapters inserted in between the serialised ones, probably all the ones with only a handful of pages on the contents page.
Ch 5 on MD was ch 4 in the mag.
Chs 6-14 are all short chapters according to the volumes contents page, and these chapters on MD are all also short and with the volume-style chapter numbers.
Ch. 5 from the magazine doesn’t show up in the volumes until chapter seventeen

Last edited:
Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Shirobane Thanks. It's fairly easy to tell which raws the scanlations are sourced from, yeah, so what I'm wondering is more about whether we're missing anything and how exactly the differences in mag/vol numbers worked so that everything is all documented. Basically, assuming all mag chapters were released in volumes, what are the vol -> mag number mappings and so on.

I think I'll have to buy the volumes at some point regardless so I'll hit you up on this later when I have more time to investigate stuff on my own. Would be great if you could document, like, the magazine chapter numberings and a sample page (for verification/comparison) and the issues they were released in, if you have the time.

Users who are viewing this thread