Summoned Japan - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - JSDF Dispatch

Dex-chan lover
@lifeinvader i doubt it pretty sure Japan or any other countries waste ammunitions during training (and after this war it would be centuries for someone to challenge them again) plus they have an Allie with a bunch of guys that don’t know the value of the their resource and they already made a deal to take some of those and just like in the middle age tons of uninhabited lands to farm if they need to.

It will be hard at first but they’ll get by

A single shot just to make a fleet retreat is a very VERY good use of ammunition, so i think they can afford to use a single shell.

Dex-chan lover
this might sound wrong and unremorseful but they should take a page from America and shot a random second ship to hit the message home "YOU ARE WOEFULLY ILL-EQUIPPED TO DEAL WITH THIS"

@Fuko
what happened to US bases in Japan?

Yeah, there is 47 000 american soldiers in Japan, more than half of them in Okinawa

americaine-Futenma-prefecture-dOkinawa-Japon-deplacee-quelques-kilometres-hahbitants-veulent-depart-simple-Marines-region_0_729_481.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, they probably would suffer some damage from doing so, but a few ramming attacks at full speed aimed to sheer off the bows of those wooden warships from a 3' or 9' o clock angle would be another great intimidation tool.

Also, they weren't fucking kidding with their name "Lazy Translations". This is some terrible grammar, even skipping the occasional mispelling.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't get why Japan has to abide by the constitution anymore, its not like the UN can give them sanctions right?

Group Leader
@pratomoastan It's now fixed

@aichan Real Life work is kinda tied my hand before. Since I now reached a senior position where I can laze around (though supposedly I shouldn't) I got relatively more free time than before.

@Vykos thanks, edited

@azerez this is a Japan STRONK story after all. There are syosetu stories where U.S.A. or Russia get transported instead, but I haven't read much.

@fuko @karoto94 honestly, I think the author forget about that... for now...

@ninjadork what do you expect from a Yukkuri? Also, if you spot typo and such please inform me and I will fix it in a jiffy... which will be not very fast...

@AbuHajaar The Japanese Cabinet ha agree to convert Izumo-class into legit light carrier capable to operate F35s. Too bad in the story, Japanese hadn't bought the F35 yet...

@GruntZone360 Your concern will not happen - perhaps

@Kazuraki Then how can they be the good guys? Joke answer aside. You can't just ignore the constitution. At the very least Japan should amended Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution into:
(1) Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat or use of force as means of settling international disputes, except when you are messing with us or our allies.
(2) In order to accomplish the aim of the preceding paragraph, land, sea, and air forces, as well as other war potential, will be maintained in a proper number. The right of belligerency of the state will not be recognize, unless you are messing with us or our allies.
(3) Messing with our lolis implies that you will hear all of us soon...

@kazuraki I agree. They don't need to abid by the Laws made by the UN but they still choose to.
It's for themselves (Japan) not for this world. They can't change just because they went to another world. Their countrymen are still watching.

They have cheap labor and a LOT of free resources, they also have the know how, and can produce almost everything from modern earth so they can still become overlords of this world, but not by war, but by deplomacy and economy.

Dex-chan lover
@ munition resource crisis
Wasn't this already solved earlier with their deals with Qua-Toyne?

Dex-chan lover
For me a completely one sided victory would be less about morality and more about this becoming a Gate retread. In an all out battle, some arrows are going to find skin, fireballs might find gunpowder and a wyvern strafing a ship or helicopter could do some damage even if the beast is killed in the attack.

The first three chapters were far more nuanced than Gate and hope they haven't just thrown that all to the side in favor of nationalist chest pounding.

Contributor
Really, there should have been American forces stationed in Japan not bound by Japan's constitution they could have sent over.

Dex-chan lover
@alee76

That would really complicate matters even more. And unless they captured parts of Japan to produce the supplies they need, they wouldn't be self-sufficient or able to replenish their supplies for long, without extensive support from Japan, so they would still have to fall in line to some degree atleast, unless they wanted to rely on force to manage and sever possible diplomatic connections.

Fed-Kun's army
@ThunderaMaou True, I agree with what you said.
But aren't nearly all Japanese government officials covert/crypto-imperialists/right-wingers? Like they refuse to apologize what happened during WW2, deny the massacres, deny the rapes, changing their historical books, etc. They were only acting timid and nice because they didn't want to anger the west again, and suffer the same fate as Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya.

But now since US isn't here to keep them in check, they are free to go on their imperial project again. They also realize in order to be a superpower in this world they'll large amount of territory (like US, EU, Russia, China, etc). And this time with more advanced technology, they'll be even more ruthless. So expect Nanking x100.

Also if the Japanese citizens oppose this, the government won't give a fuck and suppress them violently just like in the imperial era. And since there aren't any Human rights NGOs or the UN to condemn them. There are free to stomp on their citizens without a care in the world.

However, I wish the US troops in Okinawa got transferred as well. I would like to see their reactions to the Japanese policies in this world and to their own interests. The US troops could botch any plans that the Japanese have, so all I said could be taken with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread