Summoned Japan - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Demon Lord's Revival

@1234muse
sometimes don't you wish you could get a realistic one, maybe with a realistic country that actually would invade, like Russia or the US

Sorry, can't quite understand what you are wishing for. What do you mean by "Get a realistic one...with a realistic country that actually would invade, like Russia or the US"? I think those those two words of "realistic" and "invade" are not as mutually conducive as you might think.

Dex-chan lover
@SlurpNoodle I mean it's much more feasible that a country like russian or the US would invade other worlds in search of resources, I'm not saying that that is what would happen, but it's just kinda doesn't seem like it would happen with japan to me, with their constitution and all

@1234nuse
I mean it's much more feasible that a country like russian or the US would invade other worlds in search of resources, I'm not saying that that is what would happen, but it's just kinda doesn't seem like it would happen with japan to me, with their constitution and all

I don't think the Russians would have the military resources to invade anyone across a significant ocean crossing. Their navy is a hot mess right now, and they can be self-sufficient in the critical energy, food and raw materials department. The Chinese might, but their economy will be ruined overnight just by being isekai'd and fighting for their own internal stability. The US might fight wars overseas, but to invade and hold territories is not something that's ever been politically palatable. Out of all the countries, the US is probably the most likely to survive without having to trade with the outside world and might actually take an isolationist stance for a while. Especially with the reveal of magic. The US talks big internationally in our world, because of political power, past accomplishments and the size and sophistication of her navy. But if the US got isekai'd, from the viewpoint of international relations, we'd be starting from zero.

Japan is interesting because it has significant military sealift capability out of proportion to their military, and Japan is a critical net importer of energy, food and other raw materials. To the point where Japanese society could not survive as they are without at least energy imports. It forces them to go out there and deal with the outside world. To see them come to terms with their needs as well as stay within their constitution may be a subcurrent of the story.

Oh so the Parpaldia empire people are like from the 1815s?
They seem incredible arrogant calling others barbarians. Well it also seems that they are the only country in this isekai world that has access muskets and cannons. So not a big suprise.

Dex-chan lover
@Myllari123

Meh, there are countries that are stronger than them. But they are the most aggressive of the 5 Superpowers at that time, even planning to take on the other two superpowers simultaneously

[

1. Mu - mechanical-based society with WW1 level of technology
2. Holy Mirishial Empire - magic-based civilization with WW2-level tech. Currently, the "World's Strongest Nation"
3. Gra Valkas Empire - another transferred country like Japan. Also a mechanical-based society with generally mid-to-late WW2-level tech. Currently, they are hostile to every nation in the NW since they've declared world domination./spoiler]

Figures there would be a bunch of comments about how Russia and the US would be the type to invade. What most people don't understand is how the world works. They listen to everyone hating the best countries out of jealousy and believe it to be because they are so inherently evil. If the US or Russia wanted to invade some countries even now they could. All they would probably have to do is broker a deal with the other countries that could be a threat so that the only enemies they would have are whatever unfortunate people became the target. The US could take over all of the Americas if they wanted. Russia could probably take half of Asian as well until they get to China.

You have to remember only 9 out of 195 countries have nuclear weapons. They may be mostly a deterrent, but that does not mean that they won't be used.

Double-page supporter
Not to remember the dark history of the past, but from our own world history... It's mostly/always the Western/Caucasian civilisations who thought other civilisations as barbaric or underdeveloped than their own narrow black-plague own asses. It seems they from this parallel world is the same. History also perpetually repeats itself whenever humanity is involved, anyhow. Looking at you, Parpalsnobsomething kingdom /:(

To change the topic, the elves of this world are the biggest softies, & the Demon Lord's Blue & Red Ogres are too magnificent even if they're super evil & I actually like their designs. Can't wait to see when Japan help the civilised kingdoms to fight the Demon Lord's army.

Aggregator gang
@Winchan No, you're mistaken. All of Japan is the hero, this time...the gods knew just one hero wasn't enough now... XD

Double-page supporter
A perfect definition for the Parpaldia Empire, is a quote from Babylon 5 movie:
"Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you!" - Ambassador Londo Mollari

Dex-chan lover
hello sir that came with the huge iron beast
sorry but even when your clothes look high class, i decided that you are eastern barbars ^^

Supporter
sigh, this is always something I just see as so lazy from japanese isekai authors. They make a Japanese like warrior country in the new world (always an outlier in the world, never like 70% of the culture), they always dress and act just like medieval Japan. Usually same building styles. And almost always a far east country.

At least there's some reason for some countries of the new world if they gets Isekai visitors from our world sometimes, and then sure, outsized impact from a cheat existence. But otherwise, random bits of standard fantasy / magic version of our world, and bam, standard Japan out of nowhere. Like, have dwarves wear kimonos. Elves use Katanas. Birdmen have pagodas. Almost the whole world uses mostly Japanese culture and only 1 small country is European. etc etc. Don't just group everything into one small (probably island) country, it's like a self-insert power fantasy country in a self-instert power fantasy MC Isekai otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
Just how vast is this world for a country to even have guns too

Users who are viewing this thread