Summoned Japan - Vol. 8 Ch. 36 - Lumies' Declaration

Double-page supporter
I prefer Princess/Queen Lumies central asian-esque dress better than the manga, also the Altaras flag is changed for some reason

Nihonkoku_Shoukan_Volume_02.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Eyy more of this series! So we now have a country that seems to be technologicaly/culturally around the 50s/60s i think?
Nope. HME's own tech is generally in the 1920's-30's
...and Gra Valkas is WW2-level, using Imperial Japanese design for their fighters, bombers, ships and tanks but with electronics with that of the US during WW2

Dex-chan lover
The geography and relative strength of nations is bizarre. 4 major continents sure, but the civilization tiers are really misleading. Parpaldia is in the third civilization area but its military appears comparable to first and second tiers though they seem less industrialized and more reliant on magic. Other Philades continent nations and every nation outside Rodenius continent shares technology and seem to interact as equals. It's just Rodenius Continent and island nations that are stuck in the middle ages and even further behind. I guess because Japan is an island nation they assume it's underdeveloped compared to the continental kingdoms? But why the convoluted civilization area system? It doesn't clarify anything!

There's the civilized world, island nations, and darkest Africa (Rodenius). Simple.

Double-page supporter
Nope. HME's own tech is generally in the 1920's-30's
...and Gra Valkas is WW2-level, using Imperial Japanese design for their fighters, bombers, ships and tanks but with electronics with that of the US during WW2

and Annonrial Empire is around post WW2 iirc

Dex-chan lover
and Annonrial Empire is around post WW2 iirc
Might be between Korean War-level and pre-Vietnam. I expect they might have magic-seeking missiles for their fighters. Another easy prey for the F-15J Kai, F-2 and the incoming 6th-gen F-3

Double-page supporter
The geography and relative strength of nations is bizarre. 4 major continents sure, but the civilization tiers are really misleading. Parpaldia is in the third civilization area but its military appears comparable to first and second tiers though they seem less industrialized and more reliant on magic. Other Philades continent nations and every nation outside Rodenius continent shares technology and seem to interact as equals. It's just Rodenius Continent and island nations that are stuck in the middle ages and even further behind. I guess because Japan is an island nation they assume it's underdeveloped compared to the continental kingdoms? But why the convoluted civilization area system? It doesn't clarify anything!
Globalization doesn't exist in this world because the world is separated into 3 different civilized area by Holy Mirishial Empire, the "strongest" empire in the world at the time because HME doesn't want any other country to surpass them by monopolizing the magic technology and research and no one is willing to be against HME will, until Japan and other countries got issekaied to this world

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Whatever kind of wyvern that is, it'll be back to extinction after a shower of 50 cal.
More like AAM-4s and AAM-5s would make them extinct

Tho these lizards will show up later in the story, this time, as Japan's allies, and mainstays in the Parpaldian Imperial Navy. They just showed to Cryseilis why the Overlords are the strongest wyvern species

Users who are viewing this thread