Summoned Japan - Vol. 8 Ch. 36 - Lumies' Declaration

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation, I freaking love this series!

=======================================================

And that cheeky bastard of a stubborn princess just signed the downfall of her empire.
If I were Captain Elto, she which still seems to have some common sense, I'd defect to Japan ASAP.

Double-page supporter
I still don't understand how everyone can speak and understand each other. The web novel doesn't explain anything about the languages.

Fed-Kun's army
Looks like an Airstrike to this wyvern breeding facility could be a wake-up call for Parpaldia Empire.
I've read the Web novel.
Japan will attack an airbase. First fighters crater runway, then turbo prop planes demolish whole place.

Dex-chan lover
Too bad Japan doesn't have nuclear weapon :smugchisato:

No, but the USFJ does, I guarantee you. I mean, the entire fucking 7th Fleet of the United States Navy was transported - and that's just ONE element.

Now, officially, all nuclear weapons of the United States military were removed from Japanese soil back in 1972. Officially, anyways.
...After that, the Cold War was still in high gear. And it's been pointed out that, technically, if you have nuclear weapons on a ship... It's technically not on "Japanese soil." And that's what the United States Navy did after 1972. Now, "officially," there's no nuclear weapons on surface vessels and only SSBNs have nuclear weapons. Officially.

But then again, USS Ronald Reagan - CVN-76, was transported as part of the 7th Fleet. A legit capital supercarrier. With aircraft that can deploy nuclear weapons on its deck.

Now United States Navy policy and official word is absolutely no nuclear weapons are on board carriers. But... I guarantee you my left arm that somewhere in the USFJ or the fleet that there's some sort of nuclear weapon. Whether on the SSNs (and since the story takes place in 2015, they had up to three SSNs in Japan with the 7th, not just the one that is there today), the Blue Ridge or the Reagan... There's a nuclear weapon somewhere. I doubt it's actually on Japanese soil, but there is one somewhere. You don't have a fleet and military force that large in such a dangerous region (read: Thanks China) without having something nuclear to throw in desperate scenarios.

TL;DR version:
Yes, there's nukes. But they're in the hands of the United States Forces Japan/American military that were isekai'd alongside with Japan.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
isolationism and overdependency of magic.

This. Magic would probably be used heavily as a crutch and anything that was not magic would get no where near the study, investigation and (most importantly) funding that legitimate science would get. Why would Country A pay 5% of their national budget on this "electricity" thing when they have lightning magic? So what if Mu has "mechanical wyverns"? We have our own, and we don't have to build them, we can just breed them. And they get smarter and more experienced. Clearly, spending this money on how to develop an "engine" is a waste of money!

When magic doesn't allow it, it simply isn't possible. Or it isn't worth pursuing. Or magic is "good enough."

didn't they wipe the floor with like a platoon of wyverns using only a couple fighters? what makes her think that a breeding facility would help with the fact that wyverns were torn through like paper

Dex-chan lover
I've read the Web novel.

I was wondering: Does the web novel ever answer why such a massive portion of the American military that transferred alongside Japan just... sits on their hands doing absolutely fuckall in their ports and posts back in Japan? Or why the Japanese Self-Defense Force doesn't ask for, I dunno, America to provide support with a nuclear-powered carrier that doesn't suck down fuel like kids going through ice cream during a hot summer day like the Izumo would?

I'm just puzzled that the author included a fighting force of a nuclear superpower that's also an ally of Japan numbering some 50,000+ and they just don't actually do anything. I can only assume it was just an after thought and the author didn't know/forgot just how huge the United States military presence is in Japan.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this chapter was honestly- kinda bad. but nobody's reading this for a high quality story.... right?

I just want to see medieval civilizations that are in over their head get introduced to industrialized warfare at muzzle velocity and for magicians to get blown up with precision guided munitions. I find it amusing.

Is that fucked up? Possibly, but I just love seeing it. It warms my heart.

Dex-chan lover
didn't they wipe the floor with like a platoon of wyverns using only a couple fighters? what makes her think that a breeding facility would help with the fact that wyverns were torn through like paper
Because there was no survivors.
They only one on their side who actually see how bad their flying lizard were reduced are carbonized or 3 feet under.

And the few verbally reports they managed to send to their homelands were treated like "the dude is crazy lol, it's impossible for your all mighty wyvern to be killed that easily"

They are convinced that their super wyvern breed are the most powerful weapon there it is, simply because until Japan arrival it was actually true

Dex-chan lover
Man, the technology advancement in this world is all over the place.
We have sword and magic, gunpowder age, telephone age, and TV age.

Dex-chan lover
White saviour complex, except it's Japan.

Eh, not quite. This same chapter also shows a bureaucrat waxing on about the political benefits of this happening. It's not just, "Oh, we are such gracious saviors! Look at us! Look at how good we are!" It's a political move.

Not everything is so black and white, dude...

Users who are viewing this thread