Summoned Japan - Vol. 8 Ch. 36 - Lumies' Declaration

Dex-chan lover
isolationism and overdependency of magic.
i know. I read the wiki which had novel spoilers.

Basically, remember all the mention about Ravernal empire? Well, they were a massive magitech state, and after their disappearance, most of the remaining tech got monopolized by the Holy Milishial Empire (built on top of the largest deposit of Ravernal tech), therefore allowing them to reverse-engineer the tech and make them the largest magic-based state in the new world. Compare with the 3rd Civ area (Parpadila) which prolly barely have any research and Rodenius continent( Que-Tonya, outside any “civilized” area, no tech research at all, legitimately still in the middle ages)

Also, the countries here are much more warlike, due to lack of global devastation and the big countries generally winning by sheer tech prowess (magic guns lol), so there’s not much impetus for behaving nice and civil outside of Mu, which had lost a significant amount of territory (3/4 of the island) since their arrival to the new world (due to lack of magic. That’s why they had to focus on science and have planes instead of wyverns.)

Dex-chan lover
It's glorifying modern technology, as it should. Half the fucking equipment that they're using isn't even Japanese in origin. Like that F-15 changes from fucking up a wyvern because it's got a Rising Sun on it instead of an American roundel - it's still a western design and it's still modern technology.

...This is the same manga where Japanese tourists go to a place resembling Edo-period Japan that already exists in this world, which no longer exists in ours because Japan modernized and adopted western cultural and industrial standards. You're actively searching for shit to suit your own narrative while ignoring anything that doesn't.

Again: Not. Everything. Is. Black. And. White. Try nuance for once...
What a stupid take. Case in point, the fact that the evil empire is just straight-up Britain.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I prefer Princess/Queen Lumies central asian-esque dress better than the manga, also the Altaras flag is changed for some reason

Nihonkoku_Shoukan_Volume_02.jpg
Not everyone does research like Kaoru Mori. He probably got Turkic confused with Mughal. It's not that big of a stretch.

Dex-chan lover
What a stupid take. Case in point, the fact that the evil empire is just straight-up Britain.

1.) The big bad evil empire is not this.
2.) They're not based on the British Empire.
3.)
The ACTUAL evil empire is a magical empire. Further reinforcing two of my points: That you're full of shit and the emphasis is on technology.
4.) Another one of the enemies
are fucking literally based on WW2 era Japan.
Further reinforcing point 3.
5.) The Mu are a western civilization that's friendly with Japan from the beginning, resembling America/Europe, and are one of the more technological nations that even have industrialized vehicles (as have been seen before in the manga) and...
THEY ARE ALSO ORIGINALLY FROM FUCKING EARTH AS WELL.

...Now are you done embarrassing yourself?

Dex-chan lover
1.) The big bad evil empire is not this.
2.) They're not based on the British Empire.
3.)
The ACTUAL evil empire is a magical empire. Further reinforcing two of my points: That you're full of shit and the emphasis is on technology.
4.) Another one of the enemies
are fucking literally based on WW2 era Japan.
Further reinforcing point 3.
5.) The Mu are a western civilization that's friendly with Japan from the beginning, resembling America/Europe, and are one of the more technological nations that even have industrialized vehicles (as have been seen before in the manga) and...
THEY ARE ALSO ORIGINALLY FROM FUCKING EARTH AS WELL.

...Now are you done embarrassing yourself?
Evidently, you're quite adept at doing it to yourself. Lol. You don't need my help.

Dex-chan lover
Your dragons are no match for our F-35 fighters you dumb bitch
Author said years ago that since the transfer happened before the F-35 declared IOC, the F-35 will not be included in the story. Readers will have to wait for Japan in the story to make the F-3, so no 5th-gen fighter but a 6th-gen fighter will be included in the story

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Author said years ago that since the transfer happened before the F-35 declared IOC, the F-35 will not be included in the story. Readers will have to wait for Japan in the story to make the F-3, so no 5th-gen fighter but a 6th-gen fighter will be included in the story

Yeah, the story takes place sometime in late 2014/very early 2015, IIRC. So no operational F-35s.
That said...
...I'd have to check, but F-22s have routinely been deployed to Kadena AFB in Japan (Okinawa) well before this story took place. So, depending on the time period, there could have been United States Air Force F-22s transferred as well.

I mean, not like it makes much difference because even the most technologically advanced civilization in this new world can't hold a candle to even 3rd generation aircraft, let alone 4th or even more ridiculously 5th generation low-observable aircraft. It's also a bit of an issue deploying them, because F-22s are going to require an extensive and expensive logistics supply... that no longer exists unless Japan is willing to start making parts for the Americans.

Although it would be amusing to pull them out and make it a showcase of, "This is how hopeless outmatched you are. Think before you test us."

Users who are viewing this thread