Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san - Vol. 5 Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
@reicchimaster To be fair, most cases with an older girl younger boy are when men are behind the story... in stories written by females, older men younger girls are more common.

I mean, let's not forget, the "High School Teacher marries High School Girl" trope exists or the fact that one of the first anime I loved, Card Captor Sakura had a romance subplot of a man well past his 20's being involved with an elementary schooler...

But by society standards, a female being with a drastically younger boy is more accepted for 3 reasons. Men had more power for the longest time, so if a man slept with a woman, it was him banging her. It was his bragging right. A medal. For females on the other hand, sleeping with multiple men made them a slut.

Second reason is because females in general have to fear rape and sexual harassment more (not that it doesn't happen to men, but females need to fear it more). So when a guy is in that situation, it bothers us less, cause while it happens, it's not as fear inducing for us.

Third, because among law makers and people in power, the majority are men, and our dream was to bang an older teacher... so why would we be against a situation we WANT to be in? We're too busy being jealous to get mad at her...

A bit sad that we're no longer getting a new chapter every 3 days but still, thanks as usual, Yuru Scans.

Uchifuji x Aki is good culture too.

Second reason is because females in general have to fear rape and sexual harassment more (not that it doesn't happen to men, but females need to fear it more). So when a guy is in that situation, it bothers us less, cause while it happens, it's not as fear inducing for us.
@deathmailrock I think it's more because societal stereotypes think that girls are incapable of sexual assault since females are biologically the "receiver" while males are the always horny and more-than-willing "giver" so in their eyes, an older female x younger male relationship is a victimless crime (unless she's ugly).

It also has something to do with the principles of comedy. You know how comedy only works when you're "punching up"? For example, people are more accepting of jokes that demean people in higher societal positions because the listeners see the joke-teller as the underdog who is retaliating against the tyrant, while people are less accepting of jokes that demean people in lower societal positions because the listeners see the joke-teller as the oppressor who is being cruel to the target of the joke instead.

In the context of straight shota romance comedy manga such as this one, the predominantly male readers see themselves as the young boy who is achieving a great feat by taming the older girls which is why it's funny whereas if it were a straight loli romance comedy manga instead, the predominant male readers would see themselves as the older man who is taking advantage of the younger girls which is why it's not funny (unless they're into that).

tldr it's the same reason why protagonists in stories are almost always weaker than the antagonists

Dex-chan lover
@EnglishMotherfucker I forgot about the stereotype... and I think you just better explained by 3rd point better than I did X'D

And, yah, that's why what I mentioned was just a single point. But, yes, this situation is more complex than people give it credit for.

They often just complain about how it's a double standard... but is it really? They ignore all the factors and complications within the situation...

It's a little weird that "this character is an unironic pedophile" is such a common archetype in Japanese comedy

Heck, Aki is becoming such a chad. This could be another route I'd like, but I prefer Aki x Ayaka or Aki x Nana.

When I play games, my ulterior motive is to be a pro gamer. We all have ulterior motives right ?

Users who are viewing this thread