Suterare Yuusha wa Kitakuchuu - Ch. 4.6 - Omake

Dex-chan lover
Is that world's God, Ogre from the Miscreant's Room franchise of games?

Double-page supporter
The story got complicated? Can’t really judge without reading novel. The cover looked badass too!

Dex-chan lover
Man...Youchi-kun really cares about Ogata a lot....not saying Shounen Ai just yet....but I wont deny it becoming one either

Also meat bread ....where can I get one

>jp author makes black hair feel special
>pandering to certain people
>black hair is common
It aint pandering if its a common feature, youre contradicting yourself.
Or what? Your hair is not black and you feel salty?
Is that what happens when people critisizing black hair trope?
It must be a sin in some country for author pandering their native culture esp the jp author.

Double-page supporter
@givemersspls I don't think you know what self-insert means. He has black hair because he's Japanese, duh? And Authors tend to write things they are more familiar with if they basing it off on something real.

Double-page supporter
I can write about my experiences because that's what's familiar to me, but that doesn't mean I'm going to act like everyone has the same experiences as me.

You're saying authors are writing something familiar in order for the readers to relate? Then no, they are writing something familiar because it's easier. (Or they just want to spread their culture?)

And just because the MC is OP doesn't necessarily mean it's a self-insert. Who knows, a tragedy weak character might be self-insert too. Calling it self-insert is the same as declaring that you know what kind of person the Author is and I don't think you do.

Dex-chan lover
The god traveling with the MC is not a goddess? What? Shock!

Dex-chan lover
@Redice the god always sounded like a guy to me and in the way mc talked to him.

I hope they get a second volume

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls okay now read back through your own explanation on the meaning of self-insert, and invert it, to see why when you see such a large group of people, lining up to eat cute, fluffy bunny bread, someone might exclaim that all the world's people are weird.

Also, unless they say that Youichi is a half, or something, his hair is likely to be light brown, and black hair may be common when you look at the whole world, but it isn't common everywhere.

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls I didn't say you said that, i said that if you take the calculated effort it takes to make a self-insert character that relates to a large demographic of people, and look at it in reverse, that large demographic of people becomes "everyone" you see.

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls okay let me see if I can reword this better. Instead of looking at the work it takes to make a product that appeals to a certain subset of the population, you look at the gathered people from that subset from the outside, and instead of looking like the small percentage of the max population that they are, it will seem to be all or most of the population staring ahead at something strange.

Ah, it's a new episode of my favorite isekai where the catboy hero charms schoolmate fake heroes, ossan bakers and demon cats. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread