Suterareta Tensei Kenja ~Mamono no Mori de Saikyou no Dai Mateikoku wo Tsukuriageru~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Belamus's Passion

Fed-Kun's army
This is unbelievable in a fiction where the ability to clearly imagine things has a strong impact on the effectiveness of magic.

@MisterXiado I don't think drawing would have an impact on magic. Think of it like an author can imagine their story and write a book but can't draw their characters and scenes.

@redmage The mom is bad for giving false perception of the ability to paint to MC. Instead of allowing him to accept the reality of being terrible at painting and start to search for ways to improve, she when for the 'well, at least I like it and no one else opinion matters' and compliment his bad painting skill. If the mom saw the painting, not knowing that her son painted it, she would definitely dislike it and would think that the artist is bad a painter. So basically, she lied. This may could create a stubborn personally since one's may start to ignore the opinion of other and trust only himself and have no self-awareness of the consequences of their false believe. It's better to encourage the child to improve, not trying to meaninglessly forgiving them through untruth compliment.

MC having a breakdown is normal. Breakdown happen because it is necessary. It tell you that something is wrong in your life. It is an opportunity to figure out life current situation and problems and what needed to be done in order to fix it or make it better. This mean the MC needs to accept that his is bad at painting and decide whether to give up on it, pursue something else, or continue and learn how to paint better.

@Wowpeaches Your 5 year old son walks up to you and shows you a painting he made. If you don't tell him you love it and think it's wonderful you're a god damned monster.

@redmage Good point but we have to remember, this kid is anything but a kid, his is an old man. Even if the people see him as an 5 years old, all of his accomplishment from bonding the giant ores with his town and shows exceptional magic and intelligent, should people realise that his is mature enough to deal with criticism. It's not a good comparison.

But if my 5 years old son were to come up to me and shows a painting he made, I would say something along the line, "It's not bad for someone your age, I think you may have potential to be much greater than this ". Anything but lying to me own son, because even the smallest lies could lead to an untrustworthy relationship and the kid will remember this lies in the future, and I may develop a lying habit to deal with my son. I would not say that his painting is garbage and his is talentless.

I want to be remember as honest and reliable father. And I want my son to treat people genuinely from learning from me at an early age. Learning to cope with criticism is important. In the end, which one would you rather have, the uncomfortable truth or the pleasant dishonesty. There is a different between being nice and being kind.

Dex-chan lover
I like moments like this where he just gets to relive being a kid and having a good mother. No matter how old we get, I think we all go to that time in our childhood when no matter what we could count on the unconditional support of our parents (or experience that at least once if we haven’t gotten it). The best part of these reincarnation stories is that these people who reached the end of their lives can experience the warmest and most loving part (or what should be). Plus he’s still IN a child’s body. I think these stories forget, but just having the memories of an adult doesn’t make you one. There are certain physical developments you still have to go through and certain instinctive traits children still have to enhance their early development. Imagine something like an illogically seeing his mom’s opinion (obvious lie) above everyone else’s has something to with that (maybe; idk. I’m not a scientist. Sounds like it makes sense though).

Dex-chan lover
@redmage Just saying, but “love it” and “its not terrible” are two different things. Totally agree that if I’m ever a parent (god forbid), I’ll love anything my kid put effort into, but if he actually wants to get good at painting I’d still tell him it could be better and help him with lessons or find someone to teach him (if he actually cares and isn’t just drawing for fun). Then again, I swear I’ve seen art in museums that makes sense and looks weirder to me. Arguably painting is as subjective as any other creative work (because it’s well... art), so I don’t think it actually matters.

Double-page supporter
If the whole world tells me I suck i dont care as long as my mom says I’m awesome.

at least I know I will always be a better artist than the MC, cause I actually do it professionally.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodKing1 Gotta respect in peace but when it goes too far should be careful.
And I was just referencing myself from the chapter xD

Users who are viewing this thread