Suterareta Tensei Kenja ~Mamono no Mori de Saikyou no Dai Mateikoku wo Tsukuriageru~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Belamus's Passion

Dex-chan lover
Just FYI for anyone who sympathizes with the MC: if you ever thought you'd never be able to draw, you can massively improve in workshops that are just a few days long.
It's really not a skill that's difficult to attain, saying: "oh I'll never be able to..." is horseshit -- but you do need to want it.

Belarus: praise my greatness
Everyone else (except the mother): The F*CK IS THAT
Belarus: as a artist of unprecedented caliber, I would often use such a creative an abstract technique that your fallible eyes can't fathom its brilliance.

Fed-Kun's army
@CountryMage
See and there is where the problem lie.
If you do abstract art and no one can tell what it is, what it represents, or think that it looks good....then it's still terrible art. And I've seen plenty of abstract art that's still visually appealing to the eye even when it doesn't look close to the subject or has any particular subject in mind. His is terrible no matter how you look at it, even as abstract art. He's just delusional.

Dex-chan lover
@SingLove there's some abstract art that only looks appealing, when you know who painted it, but would be trash otherwise. MC was famous in his last life, with people humoring while he was alive, but probably making his painting value rise after death. Now as a child, his art fits his current experience, he's a five year old that only just now picked up painting, and is making fridge art for his mother.

This is it. The author has finally introduced to us what the MC's shortcomings are, to prove he isn't just some Gary Stu.
Belamus' kyrptonite is his poor painting skills. I wonder how he will deal with this glaring weakness in the future to come

......isn't this bad parenting? Your son has a mental image of himself that does not match up with reality, and yet instead of teaching him how to face it, you just inflate his ego?

Dex-chan lover
How can anyone be that bad at drawing... Even a child who has never drawn anything will at least get the shape more or less right. What is wrong with his eyes.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I've ever read a more useless chapter ever, even considering all the various useless side chapters all the manga I've read have...

Dex-chan lover
@WillTell I'm taking it as a knock at all the isekai, reincarnation or similar mangas where the character is a master of all in both lives

Dex-chan lover
What a trash manga AND chapter. When did it go from generic trash isekai to satirical trash isekai? Or was this a serious chapter, setting a new trashy low point for the genre?

Anyway, this was hot garbage.

As soon as I saw her picture, I just leaned down on my chair to the floor, facepalmed for like 10 seconds before I started laughing

Users who are viewing this thread