Sweat and Soap - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I will come and smell you

Double-page supporter
Smelling that part of the neck, where the jawbone, neck and ear meets, yep. Thats a good spot.

IHATEITSTOPSNIFFINGMEIMGOINGTOTEARYOURNOSE OFF. this manga is trauma. nonono thank you

Dex-chan lover
The difference here is the first creep was sniffing her without permission for work related reasons, and the second creep was sniffing her without permission for personal related reasons.

But not really, we did learn he was also sniffing her without permission for personal related reasons...

Power Uploader
@Doomroar the difference is that the first creep is less ugly.

Still love this series though but damn some of these stories make it so blatantly obvious that it's all about how ugly one is.

Dex-chan lover
Wow this is basically Perfume except the male lead ain't some weird awkward psychopath, wait a minute

omfg the double consecutive sexual harrassment got me ☠️ ugh the anxiety and fear 🤢

Group Leader
I really wanted to like this. It could've been cute if handled well. But this, no... why.

Dex-chan lover
This went from 0 to 100 real quick, and there's something... uncomfortable? about how it all went. I'll try reading a few more chapters but uhhh

Dex-chan lover
DAAAAAMN our lil' virgin went fast XD
Loved it.

@TanithG What part? I'm gonna assume you mean the sex, so I'll give you my take.

She was bullied in school. She obviously NEVER had a boyfriend, or a guy who liked her. She was lonely.
And here comes a fucking Ikemen, who is also kind (if a little pushy), who tells her not that he doesn't mind her smell, but that he likes it. And then he actually proves it by getting...uh...way too pushy.
Dude. She had no way of surviving, even without the hero moment in the train.

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood The part where he just fucking went for her thigh at the staircase, just because she consented about being sniffed, it doesn't mean that she was okay with that situation at all (which is proved by the fact that she leaves immediately after that)

The sex scene is also like a 'reward' thanks to his hero moment at the train. Again, there's just something odd about how things went, definitely not my cup of tea.

So for my sanity sake I'm going to ignore how creepy that dude was at the beginning and not think about it ever again.

Dex-chan lover
@TanithG Fair. And I happen to agree with you.
Personally I'm not good at the whole dating thing. But you see, I've seen classmates do it. They put the hand of her hip. Or try to touch her ass. Or hug her VERY tight to feel her boobs. Or...
I mean, there are no clear-cut rules for this... He was (true, very aggressively) showing her he was interested. She very clearly told him she was not. Moving on.

Personally I don't see THAT huge a deal. He touched her thigh and was going up, she had plenty of time to push him away, which she did. WAY less threatening than the mythical Kabedon, which is a violent and loud sound pinning the female against a wall with no escape. And everyone seems fine with that one, so...
It was also displayed as a "I was drunk on her scent" thing. Outlandish? Sure... But I compare it with being drunk period. And people use alcohol as an excuse for everything, so...

Again, I partly agree with you. And personally I ALSO dislike the dude a bit, very pushy and in a wrong way. But there's no clear "good" way. If he goes slowly 99% of the comment section calls the male a beta cuck, so...

@cynical_dude_ I'd recommend you to do that. I've already caught up, and I gotta say, this first chapter doesn't make the manga justice. The guy is WAY aggressive, and it'll rub MANY people the wrong way. But after that, the whole thing is incredibly wholesome, quite fluffy, romantic and adult. Very little drama, and when there is it makes fucking sense (unlike 99% of manga). It's also solved swiftly and rationally and relatably.

Seriously, I've only ever dated one Romance with a 10: Ore Monogatari. Last night I made that 2 with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread