Sword Art Online - Progressive

@plastic_sludge Well, I'm sure you will love the novel, I have a drive with all the volumes released till now: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kKljZKr8ITnLE025ZBfqJ1W641IfvNtY
The novel has everything you said you loved on the manga.

Although this one was adapted in a different approach compared to the light novels, since this manga looks more on the fun side, I still enjoyed this one. For anyone who wants to delve deeper to the world of Aincrad, go read the light novel Progressive, it's currently at the floor 6.

Dex-chan lover
So I dropped this a few years ago because of the slow(?) TL and busy life, is ch 35 the last one or the TL dropped this?

I wander if the anime will add some of the manga version to the anime, or it will fully follow the light novels.

Hype for Progressive anime.

Double-page supporter
This is way better than the first sao,this is what sao needed,character development,just read this,and i am hyped for the anime,

Impossible, Kirito actually has emotions, and act like a true weeb!?

Dex-chan lover
will anyone ever continue this? i'm so sad to see the last update being 3 years ago

I mean the story is way better compared to the original but then it feels like the main character changed entirely. The original tries to focus on Kirito but it kinda failed and the last half of the first season of Aincrad arc just shifts into Asuna but this one is more tries to focus on Asuna from the very first chapter. I enjoy seeing things from Asuna's perspective, sure, because it feels sorta realistic and Kirito is more of a weeb but... I just get this feeling that something is missing. I'm not that used to have a tsundere girl being the MC, it's hard to root for

I'd enjoy it more if the author actually tries to dig the story from Kirito's perspective, but not using that 2-dimensional view like "Oh no, I messed up." It's hard to describe, but probably it's more of psychology? The original fails to make Kirito a rootable character. Feels like the only reasons he's the MC are because:
1. He is a Beta tester
2. He has a harem
3. He has the experience
Oh, and I forgot to say one thing. In the original, the MC suddenly becomes OP and it resembles those crazy solo players in typical MMOs but here I get that feeling that the MC is nerfed every once in a while. In some chp, he acts like he's your average gamer, and in some other chapters, he acts like he's one of those crazy gamers

Aggregator gang
I'd enjoy it more if the author actually tries to dig the story from Kirito's perspective, but not using that 2-dimensional view like "Oh no, I messed up." It's hard to describe, but probably it's more of psychology? The original fails to make Kirito a rootable character. Feels like the only reasons he's the MC are because:
1. He is a Beta tester
2. He has a harem
3. He has the experience
Oh, and I forgot to say one thing. In the original, the MC suddenly becomes OP and it resembles those crazy solo players in typical MMOs but here I get that feeling that the MC is nerfed every once in a while. In some chp, he acts like he's your average gamer, and in some other chapters, he acts like he's one of those crazy gamers

Literally the most generic comment ever, a great summary of all the reviews of SAO I have personally read or watched under 200ish words (I dunno if that number is even close). I guess it's the same piece of writing so the same complaints will undoubtedly appear more than once. It's interesting to see the exact same points later out in nearly identical fashion, it's almost like there is some sort of script to read off from, but nah the piece is just that flawed I guess, yet I enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread