Tabako-chan - Vol. 2 Ch. 28.5 - Vol2 Omake: What if Asano-Kun Was The Cigarette? - Continued

Contributor
Friendly reminder: If you're struggling with an addiction of any kind (not just smoking) and the kinds of depression associated with it portrayed in this manga, you're not alone! Seek out a professional who can help.

Awful omake, ruins the ending.
Peeps, don't listen to any "friendly" advice. Whatever the addiction, the 1st step is deciding to quit yourself.
Anyone pretending otherwise is after your money, and/or encouraging people to be as weak-willed as they are.
Smoke or quit, choose one yourself, don't let others do it for you.

Dex-chan lover
You know, this was super fun and at all but goddamn the ending hit me hard. Aiko -chan being self consciouss about being just a cigarette, a luxury item, and Asano getting attached to her felt WAY too fucking real. It's not ntr and she is not real, It's just a smoke.

Being a bit of a hardcore addict myself, it was really shocking to see how well portrayed was the depiction of something inert that you start relying so heavily, be it a smoke, pills, or damn it even food and how you start seeing them as your literal partner.

This gave me a bit of an existential crisis dude, thanks for your work translating this, even if a lot of people hated it for it's thematic I loved every chapter of it <3

@monkey123 only bad ends for cigs.
They're used in and out, their butt thrown in the gutter, and the UN doesn't care.

Contributor
@abear I was referring specifically to the depression side of it. I agree that there is a lot of research that shows that personal desire to change is imperative for personal change. I just wanted to also remind people that depression and isolation (two things that addictions feed off of) can be combated by consulting people who have been there themselves. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread