Tag exclusion not working in Search page.

Hello. I have set tags to be excluded, yet it still appear in the Search page. Please refer to the link below for example. I searched for Blame, but a publication with tag excluded still appear in the search page.
https://flic.kr/p/2iBvAbR

Fed-Kun's army
@zemega I just reproduced your "search" and it looks like you might have it just set in your SETTINGS to exclude those titles. It says right on your Advanced Settings page.
"Select tags to exclude from the frontpage, latest chapter updates, and chapter lists from manga and group pages.
The search and the user's MDList will ignore this setting and use their individual filter functionality instead."

You need to use the lower dropdown marked EXCLUDE tags when SEARCHING to actually apply said exclusions to SEARCHES

You have to click search again, not sure if they have any plans on changing it but going to the search page (Either as a link from a certain tag or by the search button) it'll not actually use your excluded tags (Look at the URL before and after pressing the search button, it changes), my recommendation is make a bookmark with an empty search (As in go to the search page, and just hit search to have your excluded tags actually excluded) but I don't really know if it's worth the effort in all honesty, do see how you can be confused since the UI shows that the excluded tags are "excluded" but it's no actually used by default.

But yeah, TL;DR just hit search once and it'll fix the issue.

Fed-Kun's army
Its not a thing to fix. One is actively filtering Follows/Front Page, while the other is running a query on the entire database.

It says right on your settings that it doesnt effect Search results.

Alright, alright. Type what I want to search. Click search. Let the page load. Then click the search button again to apply the exclude filters.

Well, its been a while. Aparently clicking the author or artists name is a 'quick search' instead of 'full search with tags exclusion applied'. Just leaving this here so that people don't fall into this 'trap'. Particularly with author/artist with short name or just one word.

Users who are viewing this thread