Taiga of Genesis - Ch. 110 - Life and Battle

Double-page supporter
I get what everyone's saying about death flags, but I don't think we are seeing any of the main cast die yet, specially not so shortly after Nakumu's death who was the most prominent of the ancient humans along with Tiari. I think we will see more development among them before the first death, which I also think will happen. If I think I'm confident of someone besides Taiga not dying, it's Yuka, mainly because it would be kind of a negative message considering she is already a survivor and a widow.

Dex-chan lover
I get what everyone's saying about death flags, but I don't think we are seeing any of the main cast die yet, specially not so shortly after Nakumu's death who was the most prominent of the ancient humans along with Tiari. I think we will see more development among them before the first death, which I also think will happen. If I think I'm confident of someone besides Taiga not dying, it's Yuka, mainly because it would be kind of a negative message considering she is already a survivor and a widow.
Honestly half the original cast should of died by now, the are clear "side characters" who have spoken a few dozen time throughout the whole series and they try and give them a heroic moment like the dude with the bow recently, but he could of been dead this whole time and I doubt many people would of noticed.

Dex-chan lover
There was some video my dad had watched recently talking about childbirth, it pretty much stayed that the on the back delivery is new And causes a bunch of complications, while the old squat was better for delivering and it helped shock the child awake if there weren't any other dire complications. Hospitals started making lying birth deliveries standard so they could hold the mother longer to increase profits.

Edit. Was partially wrong, it was in part due to King Loius XIV "alleged kink", another part a French doctor's trying to make it easier on the mother during labor, believing it to be a general purpose delivering type to accommodate everyone.
Although I still can't find the original video I watched, I think you get the gist.

Last edited:
The king should know that africans will never be a real threat to Evropa. Them having 6 japanese teenagers with a bit of modern knowledge wont change that. Letting the blacks have africa and conquering the rest of the world for Germania would be a good compromise.

Double-page supporter
The king should know that africans will never be a real threat to Evropa. Them having 6 japanese teenagers with a bit of modern knowledge wont change that. Letting the blacks have africa and conquering the rest of the world for Germania would be a good compromise.
The germans wouldn't like that, knowing how big their ego is

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Honestly half the original cast should of died by now, the are clear "side characters" who have spoken a few dozen time throughout the whole series and they try and give them a heroic moment like the dude with the bow recently, but he could of been dead this whole time and I doubt many people would of noticed.
I don't think they should have, killing characters for the sake of it doesn't make a story better, I think even if they haven't been the biggest contributors to the story, they carry weight, Taiga took the leading role and cares for the whole tribe, or at this point "nation" but the group of friends from his era along with Tiari are certainly the emotional core. The "dude with the bow" Ren for a long part of the story was in fact relevant, he was the one in most denial, he was the one who had most trouble adjusting to their survival situation and carrying on war, he might even be the one who has had the most character development in the story after Taiga, he came to terms with his present reality and has taken an active role. Arata has been the second to Taiga in terms of leadership of the group and is who is being his right hand now that he is king, Yuka has become a survivor and attatched to the village people. Rikako, Chihiro and Riku have had much less important roles since the story turned their focus to the ancient humans' conflict with the neanderthals, but they are not insignificant when they come to the scene.

I like it that none of them have died yet, even though I think eventually at least one of them will. But when it happens, it will be a turning point in the story, it will be an emotional moment that we will notice, even if they were not the most prominent characters, in the story they are still a relevant thing to their group, and we will notice how it affects them. They are not just characters that can be thrown away in the plot.

Dex-chan lover
Since I doubt Mori's long-term narrative goals is simply writing a war of annihilation and attrition, I am guessing the plot will eventually lead to Taiga and co. targeting the head-honcho Nazi under the hope that killing the idealogue will cause the Neanderthals (and any other surviving German officers) to become dispirited and finally give up on their crusade.

The germans wouln't like that, knowing how big their ego is
Are you talking about the germans in this manga specifically or the entire german Volk? The german state has always been an applicant of realpolitik which in this case would be to leave africa to the africans while conquering the rest of the world and technologically advancing so far that you can take the dark continent without a single casualty on your side.

Double-page supporter
Are you talking about the germans in this manga specifically or the entire german Volk? The german state has always been an applicant of realpolitik which in this case would be to leave africa to the africans while conquering the rest of the world and technologically advancing so far that you can take the dark continent without a single casualty on your side.
I meant the germans in the story also i don't know what the hell half those word mean but what i do know is the dark continent baby oh yeah!!!!!

Aggregator gang
On god of all the people who should get a death flag (and subsequently die) the baby deserves it more than anyone. Early Childhood mortality was real common back then, and the village doesn’t seem to want a white skinned child in their midst. Aside from that I just never liked the inclusion of Yuka’s rape and her later deciding to keep the baby. Shit just really does not sit well with me and at times not want to continue reading. Just my opinion though.

Users who are viewing this thread