Takamori-kun wo Damarasetai!! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

dlw

my issue with this manga is that they're NEVER gonna date because of the premise

Dex-chan lover
So he doesn't have good poker face, his facial muscles just completely freeze up from excitement.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
her plan is in ruins, I'll give it 1 more chapter until she abandons it

Dex-chan lover
Cant wait for the inevitable chapter where he wont think of her and she’ll get bothered

Dex-chan lover
"I'll have to make takamori-kun confesses [sic] to me."
One panel later :
"DO YOU LIKE ME !?"

Move aside Kaguya Shinomiya, the new queen of big brain moves has entered the game !
This is like pulling Exodia while playing checkers

Dex-chan lover
When i see how many JP to EN translators "localize" and don't properly translate, especially by inserting their political views and what they deem morally correct or incorrect and "fix" the script, i would rather have the option that fans of a medium can take A.I. and translate text themselves.

A good example are the Trails games, where the team translating the games removed sexual topics, gender jokes, problematic opinions of characters etc. So yeah, if especially JP to EN translation wasn't run by literally California, i would be not as much in favor for A.I. translations. But alas that is not the world we live in.
100% agree here.

And honestly, the people complaining about AI translation in official releases are exactly the ones who would use manga and anime as a medium to push their sociopolitical views or scrub things that they don't like from a script. If only they had simply provided accurate translations and not tried to rewrite things, this might not have happened. People are also assuming that no one is touching the MTL output, which is kind of an inane opinion. Of course the AI translation is being edited and checked.

100% agree here.

And honestly, the people complaining about AI translation in official releases are exactly the ones who would use manga and anime as a medium to push their sociopolitical views or scrub things that they don't like from a script. If only they had simply provided accurate translations and not tried to rewrite things, this might not have happened. People are also assuming that no one is touching the MTL output, which is kind of an inane opinion. Of course the AI translation is being edited and checked.
With Human translation meaning is going to be twisted and with MTL meaning is going to be lost. The only decent answer, with respect to the original media, is to actually learn the source language. though thats alot of work, far too much for most people. Translation is always going to innately be kind of bad and personally i dont really see any greater evil between MTL and Human translation. So i prefer Human translation given that its a guaranteed human working on the material rather than someone putting raws through a script and uploading it to be read.

Dex-chan lover
With Human translation meaning is going to be twisted and with MTL meaning is going to be lost. The only decent answer, with respect to the original media, is to actually learn the source language. though thats alot of work, far too much for most people. Translation is always going to innately be kind of bad and personally i dont really see any greater evil between MTL and Human translation. So i prefer Human translation given that its a guaranteed human working on the material rather than someone putting raws through a script and uploading it to be read.
The problem is that localization is NOT translation. As is becoming more obvious to more and more people every day now, English translations of Japanese properties are being blatantly changed to suit the localizer's own ideals or to push their sociopolitical agendas. Many localizers currently working in the industry don't even understand Japanese. They are failed writers and "activists" who are intentionally changing, damaging and sabotaging the things that they work on.

The discussion about AI wouldn't even really be as much of a thing if the people currently doing the work were actually doing a proper job translating. They are not.

Dex-chan lover
The problem is that localization is NOT translation. As is becoming more obvious to more and more people every day now, English translations of Japanese properties are being blatantly changed to suit the localizer's own ideals or to push their sociopolitical agendas. Many localizers currently working in the industry don't even understand Japanese. They are failed writers and "activists" who are intentionally changing, damaging and sabotaging the things that they work on.

The discussion about AI wouldn't even really be as much of a thing if the people currently doing the work were actually doing a proper job translating. They are not.
i don't think i see this much, what are some red flags to suspect that the translation is tainted like this?

Dex-chan lover
i don't think i see this much, what are some red flags to suspect that the translation is tainted like this?
Excessive slang terminology, for one. Japanese slang is typically only used by certain character types (gyaru/gal, delinquents, etc), not normally by your "average joe" character. So that's one pretty solid indication of a not very faithful translation. Another would be if something sounds unnecessarily verbose or wordy. Japanese is actually pretty simple and straightforward in writing, sometimes to it's detriment since they tend to drop subject a lot. But when a 3 word statement in Japanese turns into half a paragraph in English, that's not good.

Dex-chan lover
Man what's her deal? I would be stoked if someone complimented me in their head all day long!

Users who are viewing this thread