Takarakuji de 40 oku Atatta ndakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - God's Tools

Power Uploader
@Kyujyu his money won't run out, because he keeps on earning money with his money.

He'd need to spend it all at once to get ruined.

Dex-chan lover
He IS stupid. So he wants to build a machine (mill, that's used as waterpump), that heaves water up, so that hydro electric generator has that water run it (by spinning its fin and generating electricity from that rotation) But that mill is already rotating. Why doesn't he build a simply wooden gearbox and takes the rotation from the mill and transfers it with a gear ratio directly on a generator? He could even remove the fins from that generator. (Maybe that generator also needs the water cooling, but I don't think so.) Did he never played with Lego Technics as a child?

Double-page supporter
here is a bunch of bullshit they could never invent. OH BETTER NOT TEACH THEM ABOUT STEEL. Guess what is in the generator and tools? wtf manga

Dex-chan lover
@PTRB He buys all that tech I imagine he must have used more that 1mil already in a couple of month.
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Donno, why they have offering box at the shrine then 😅
@Kirin-kun He used the money in investment or something?

Aggregator gang
This chapter could have just been summed up with "a week later I got the things I ordered"

Group Leader
There's a world of a difference between giving a singular piece of equipment of high quality and directly telling them how to make it themselves, even if the more astute among them may recognize that steel is some variant of iron and learn that there's some way to further improve iron.

There's nothing that forces development to happen in a specific order either; according to some sources, some African cultures skipped copper/bronze, and went directly from stone to iron, since that was what resources were available.

Power Uploader
@Kyujyu who in their right mind would just stash $40M in the bank, letting it slowly deplete?

The premise of this story is "MC doesn't lack money, because of reasons". Unless author wants to add some shitty drama ("Oh noes, I'm ruined!"), he will never run out of money.

It's all about civilization building from a low point. Meaning the wonders of Japanese civilization, of course.

Supporter
@kyujyu yeah but he has $40M, so maybe if you bring that compliant up near chapter 800 I’ll consider it, haha

Group Leader
@Harvester
Reminds of the quote:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Dex-chan lover
Can't he just pull the blades, use some shaft and gears (even wooden one should works) to just directly connect the generator to the waterwheel? Instead of using it to put the water on higher ground.

Dex-chan lover
@lenovoaxioo It is probably water lubricated meaning it can only be used while submerged. To operate at optimum efficiency it requires a certain amount of head. It might have been cheaper to make one that worked off the water wheel, but the speed at which the water flows and the speed of the wheel do not produce enough power. You might get enough to charge a phone at a slow rate.

@Kirin-kun if he doesn't spend it too fast he could make enough interest to live for life and help the people.

Honestly, i think he's playing "God" too much....Human could never be impartial...They're influenced by their surrounding and what little information they get...Should never play "God"....Help a village and helping a town is different, what next? You gonna help a country? Stop trying to play "God".

Fed-Kun's army
Quick aside about the closing note. I love looking at normal clothes in old photos. It is instantly clear how different, and less consistently stitched, clothes from 150 years ago are compared to modern machine woven and stitched ones.

Even if these people don't have iron, in the real world, a pacific northwest tribe jndependently developed advanced STEEL metallurgy from merely a few examples of knives they had traded for a few decades earlier. This is like skipping straight from the late stone age to (miniature) British Empire steel foundries in a single generation with no guidance. They went extinct a few years later, but the point is any meagre hint = tech advancement. Merely giving them a few knick knacks would make them a superpower, and he's probably going to give them fridges and generators, too. Even the journal bearing is a lot.

Qelix: A hydroelectric turbine can reach efficiencies unattainable by the friction losses in a gearbox. However, there are ofc easier ways than building a waterwheel, pouring it down a turbine and returning the flow to the main stream.... and the waterwheel itself is basically another source of losses anyway. (Other styles of turbine will only reach about 40% efficiency at best iirc, but advanced tuebines from dams are practically 100% efficient iirc. The MC's is inefficient anyway.)

Users who are viewing this thread