Tales of Demons and Gods

@Tsudow not so recently, but it was the same for me. Once i've discovered it i've immediately swallowed it in one night :D Perfect balance between fights, laughs, romance and mystery :) cheers

Dex-chan lover
i fucking love this
i wish i could wipe my memory and read it all over again
i want Ning'er to be real# best girl
i feek like i am Lu Piao

I think this series is what playing a new game plus mode in an rpg is like when you start again with all your stuff. I just wish when I replay those games in new game plus they would change the cut scenes so it looks like the party wiped the floor with the enemies instead of barely scraping by.

Dex-chan lover
Man, reading the manga reminds me how good this series was before it went downhill.

what you talking about still awesome
more more more more more more

please

FEAR St. Elmo's Fire ?

Heh.
<Sacred Family> Alright, we'll use some subtle political maneuvering to retake some of the standing we've lost lately, and also downplay the whole 'one of our playboy members got beaten up by a girl' thing by publicly shaming her. It'll work great!
<Nie Li> Naaaaaaah, I don't feel like political games today. Duan Jian?
<Duan Jian> *knuckle crack*
<Nie Lie> Oh, and don't actually kill them.
<Duan Jian> Kay. *initiates Physical Combat while everyone else is doing Social* *It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!*

Edit: @plasma1492 eh, I think I remember what they're talking about. I seem to recall reading the original novel an age ago, and it kinda turned into Tales of Endless Escalation and Old Currency Exchange.
Like, every time they find a SUPER AWESOME MEGA PILL/REFINEMENT REAGENT, they find out when they get to the next area that oh, pffft, NOBODY uses MegaSuperUltra Pills anymore, that's for /noob/ cultivators. You need EXTRA MEGA SUPER DUPER DELUXE Pills to be anybody. Rinse and repeat.

Admittedly, been ages since I actually read that, so I could be misremembering or mixing it up with other stories (It's hardly a unique problem in cultivation stories), and the manga versions can differ a good deal from the novels, so we'll see what happens when they get there.

<Sacred Family Patriarch> 'What the *BEEP* is up with this Nie Li guy!? Did he have a feud with us in a previous life?!'
<Nie Li> ...Yes, actually!

Binged this in a few days and I'm liking it. MC isn't overpowered but has way to much damn knowledge that will lead to him being overpowered before long
A demon beasts rank indicates how far you can go with it and will actually hinder your potential if you keep it for to long? No they grow with you and you can pick the best ones if you can read their potential, damn morons
Basic pills and elixers are the only way to speed up training? Haha no way there's thousands of recipes for those damn things and also tons of rocks that help to, freaking morons
Cultivation techniques have a set hierarchy and no particular compatibility with the person? Nope the wrong technique can screw a person for life and the right one speed their growth by a thousandfold, these idiots don't know anything
A souls color indicates power and nothing else and people can never advance beyond that? Nope soul color just indicates traits and even has an incarnation deeper inside it that gives people special abilities if they use the right cultivation technique, f#ck my life how did these people survive so long

Users who are viewing this thread