Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I Found a Female Knight in the Rice Field

Dex-chan lover
I got to chapter 32 of the other one before it got lost among all other mangas I read. Let's see how long this one will last.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh! If, truly, everyone reacted in such a way to Japanese food, or if even just a majority reacted in this way, then Japanese cuisine would have displaced others through the industrialized world. If that displacement had occurred, then the theme would be naturally recurring in manga. As it is, I'd bet that some party is subsidizing this absurd propaganda.
I agree about the food reactions always being severely overblown and obvious cultural propaganda tropes, but I do imagine anyone from a medieval setting would blow a fuse when eating virtually any modern decent meal, snack, fast food and drinks.
I got to chapter 32 of the other one before it got lost among all other mangas I read. Let's see how long this one will last.
How was it till then far?

Dex-chan lover
but I do imagine anyone from a medieval setting would blow a fuse when eating virtually any modern decent meal, snack, fast food and drinks.
Maybe. But people tend to be repelled by flavors and textures that they don't experience early in life. (This evolutionary adaptation steers children who can harvest food for themselves away from dangerous substances.)

Dex-chan lover
Me three!!!
I just realized the author behind this has done a ton of other stuff, including A-Rank Slow Life and Slow Life Reincarnation.

So why is he doing a carbon copy of that other manga that I can't think of the name of? heh
Maybe (hopefully) because he read it and thought "damn, it is such a nice setting and it's ruined because of the antonym for points #1 & #2 (let's face it, the third point is never going to happen). I think I will take a stab at it where #1 and #2 holds true, to show how it's done!"

Dex-chan lover
Let's see how much this differs from the other one that's been named already.

Given how many mangas are straight copies of each other you'd think Japan has no copyright laws at all. But maybe they're all under the same publiusher who holds the rights.
Except there is one manga that is famous for cancel that only has ONE chapter due to plagarized famous isekai characters 0_0 sooo yah I don't understand how copyright law in japan nor how they tolerate copycats sht

Dex-chan lover
Except there is one manga that is famous for cancel that only has ONE chapter due to plagarized famous isekai characters 0_0 sooo yah I don't understand how copyright law in japan nor how they tolerate copycats sht
It wasn't so much that he plagiarized them but HOW he plagiarized them; a good parody or constructive criticism is good from time to time, not to mention having the good manners to give the original authors a heads-up beforehand (just like Weird-Al does), but what that mangaka did was outright insult the original characters, ignoring their backgrounds and motives and turning them into hedonistic psychopaths.

Hell, the very same author of the slime isekai said that he was mad that they didn't contact him beforehand so he could give ideas of his own, since they had always wanted to make a "what if" of Rimuru going evil.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao 30k people is a "small town"?
I've seen cities with less population than that.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully this is better than the other one. Hopefully being younger means he actually has some balls if events play out exactly the same. That would instantly make this version better. Grown ass man in the other one has no balls.

Dex-chan lover
just wish MC would but on a sakrat and welcomes her Filthy Frank style

Fed-Kun's army
Please this one be comfy and not devolve in to politics, diseases, drama, etc.

Dex-chan lover
One way this blatant copycat is worse is the female knight's goofy name "Seraphim Stadtfelt." Did they get it from Fantasy Names R' Us?

I still think "Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken" was pretty good, until they caught up to the source material. People hate the latest brother arc a bit unfairly. Japanese people aren't super-powered ninja samurai and they don't solve their problems with violence. They've been disarmed and indoctrinated into an anti-violent culture since the bomb. An ultra-violent super-powered siscon character would need to be convinced with words because ain't nobody going to beat him with violence. He's the 800lb gorilla in the room, and he's going to sit wherever he wants.

Dex-chan lover
I 100% back all three of those assertions. However, I've read enough manga to know that Japanese food can make you immortal and bring world peace. Also that wars and genocide would be committed to find rice.
Also the Japanese business man is the most capable, well studied, impossibly strong godlike individual as long as their not working at a black company.

Dex-chan lover
Remix me bunch Western do "things" for Instagram or social media in the rice field... very Bali moment

Users who are viewing this thread