Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I Found a Female Knight in the Rice Field

Dex-chan lover
Alright, first chapter is basically the same, but I'll give this one a chance to grow as its own thing. After all, we don't have much of the context here, maybe the knight's backstory is different and the story will turn different as well.
Maybe female knight in my field will become the truck-kun of reverse isekai?

Dex-chan lover
He missed the opportunity to say thissss
joji-filthy-frank.gif

Dex-chan lover
Let's see how much this differs from the other one that's been named already.

I like the art.
How hasn't he got sued for basically plagiarizing the entire plot and setting from the other manga.
Given how many mangas are straight copies of each other you'd think Japan has no copyright laws at all. But maybe they're all under the same publiusher who holds the rights.

Dex-chan lover
Given how many mangas are straight copies of each other you'd think Japan has no copyright laws at all.
Well, consider Theodore Sturgeon's It, DC's Solomon Grundy, Hillman's Heap (rebooted by Skywald), Marvel's Man-Thing, and DC's Swamp Thing. No lawsuits actually filed, though only a chuckle-head would deny heavy borrowings from Sturgeon in Grundy, in the Heap, and perhaps in Man-Thing; heavy borrowing from the Heap in Man-Thing; and borrowing in one direction or in another involving Swamp Thing and Man-Thing. (Just where EC's Heap goes in all that, I dunno.)

Contributor
I don't mind that the premise here is practically identical to that other farmer x female knight reverse isekai manga, but I do hope this is better than that one, the bad parts of that are really bad. The art in this one is already better at least. Maybe the age gap between the leads isn't too big here either and there's no whiplash inducing sudden drama arcs.

Thank you for picking this up. Adding this entry to MD, MU and MAL in the hopes it would get noticed and scanlated one day was not an effort made in vain.

Dex-chan lover
What a beautiful knight!

Reverse Isekais aren't really my thing, but I am curious as to how this one will advance. I like that Jin's been framing for 4 years now. He's become successful outside the city, something most people have a hard time doing.

Seraphim's world seems terrible though. Constant subjugation missions with seemingly no end seems to have utterly exhausted her. I mean, she couldn't even stay awake for more than a minute. Then again, if another short nap let her jump in armor, maybe she just needed another nap?

Jin being exhausted by carrying her and her armor was pretty funny. Even if it is distributed, that weight is gonna hurt.

Dex-chan lover
I like the art.
How hasn't he got sued for basically plagiarizing the entire plot and setting from the other manga.
you need a minimum amount of plagiarism evidence to make your statement valid. as it is stand, it's just the same prologue.

ever wonder that marvel and DC heroes exist, Disney film of lion king simba and kimba the white lion, or Mobile Legends concept heroes to many other products passed despite the lawsuit? If you are a nobody to the thing that you consider is being plagiarised, I suggest to not think too much and just leave it to the one who can do lawsuit to them. There is many isekai product that is the same after all.

I hope my statement above got conveyed well

Dex-chan lover
Use spoiler tags.
Let's hope
  • that the male lead is not a doormat
  • that the female lead chops the thumbs off any brothers who deserve to lose their thumbs
  • that no pretense is made that everyone in the cosmos is overwhelmed by the deliciousness of Japanese food when first they try it
Number 3 will be the least likely to happen in this manga probably
I 100% back all three of those assertions. However, I've read enough manga to know that Japanese food can make you immortal and bring world peace. Also that wars and genocide would be committed to find rice.
It'd be a miracle for 1 and 3 to not happen.

Looking ahead in the chapters, too late for the last one. Insert a Japanese in a reverse isekai like this one, and the author can't help themselves inserting the glorious, supreme, Japanese ways of life which of course includes the heavenly Japanese food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Use spoiler tags.

Looking ahead in the chapters, too late for the last one. Insert a Japanese in a reverse isekai like this one, and the author can't help themselves inserting the glorious, supreme, Japanese ways of life which of course includes the heavenly Japanese food.

Ugh! If, truly, everyone reacted in such a way to Japanese food, or if even just a majority reacted in this way, then Japanese cuisine would have displaced others through the industrialized world. If that displacement had occurred, then the theme would be naturally recurring in manga. As it is, I'd bet that some party is subsidizing this absurd propaganda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread