Task Force for Paranormal Disaster Management - Vol. 8 Ch. 23 - Mens

Power Uploader
Well, since you asked to post in the comments. Yes, Tokyo has Lieutenant Governors, currently four of them. Naoki Inose held the post to Shintarou Ishihara in the 2000s, for example. They're also called Vice-Governors in the organisational chart of the TMG: https://www.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/ENGLISH/ABOUT/STRUCTURE/structure04.htm

Also: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_Tokyo

And: https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/東京都副知事

Other than that, a minor correction. You've translated the title of the chapter as "Mens", which I'm assuming is a Romanisation of the katakana in the original, メンツ. This actually means "honour", and is often written in katakana, the moraic script originally used by men, I guess because originally honour was held to be a male-associated concept.

As for Odzu, her title is given in chapter 14. She's not with the TMG, but with the MPD, as Director of the MPD Security Bureau, First Division. You can find organisational charts for the Tokyo MPD in their white papers, or in Wikipedia, or if you read our translation of Ouroboros. By the way, she's a woman, so her title should be "Odzu the Witch".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the scanlation. It's a good chapter with high stakes and emotion. I wonder if they gonna save the police officer or not. I guess we will need to wait for the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Any update to this story is a welcome one, no matter how delayed. Take your time and get well!

It's about damn time our girl finally gets some real time in the suit :win:. Pretty fast field servicing going on there, which makes me wonder if suit reliability is going to become an issue later on.

Group Leader
Thank you very much for this scanlation, please keep translating this manga it's a good read and dead toll scans droped this manga

It's truly our pleasure at Undead Scans to be able to bring this series to readers like you, and seeing these awesome comments really motivates us, so you're very welcome and thank you so much, as well! It sucks Death Toll had to drop it, but that's just the way scanlation goes sometimes! I just hope our releases can come close to the amazing quality they were able to deliver.

Group Leader
Well, since you asked to post in the comments. Yes, Tokyo has Lieutenant Governors, currently four of them. Naoki Inose held the post to Shintarou Ishihara in the 2000s, for example. They're also called Vice-Governors in the organisational chart of the TMG: https://www.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/ENGLISH/ABOUT/STRUCTURE/structure04.htm

Also: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_Tokyo

And: https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/東京都副知事

Other than that, a minor correction. You've translated the title of the chapter as "Mens", which I'm assuming is a Romanisation of the katakana in the original, メンツ. This actually means "honour", and is often written in katakana, the moraic script originally used by men, I guess because originally honour was held to be a male-associated concept.

As for Odzu, her title is given in chapter 14. She's not with the TMG, but with the MPD, as Director of the MPD Security Bureau, First Division. You can find organisational charts for the Tokyo MPD in their white papers, or in Wikipedia, or if you read our translation of Ouroboros. By the way, she's a woman, so her title should be "Odzu the Witch".

Hey! First, thank you so much for this awesome comment! I really appreciate the info more than I can say. We try really hard to get everything right at Undead Scans, but we're only human, and often when we're going through our scripts, it's running purely on caffeine. So mistakes will be made!

Yes, I'm aware of the organizational structure of the MPD, but I do appreciate the info! I will check it out here in a minute, thanks!

Excellent catch, I actually didn't see that until the chapter was uploaded by Jero. I fixed it from "Mens" to "Honor" in the script, but I didn't remind him when I sent the pages off, so that's on me. Mea culpa! I'll let him know, and that should be fixed soon. Again, I appreciate the tip a lot!

Thank you yet again. It's actually been so long since I read that chapter, that I completely forgot! That's actually a huge relief, because I could not square the circle of her being a TMG member, yet having the title of Director, when that's not a position they have. So you've helped resolve a major headache.

As for calling her "Odzu the Wizard", I didn't change the gender to "Witch" because the kanji used was 「魔法使い」(Mahōtsukai) which is a bit different from the common Japanese term for witch 「魔女」(Majo), so I just assumed the differentiation there intentional. But otherwise, I tend to agree, and that was one of the trickier bits of translation I struggled with when I was proofreading the script. So I tried to keep it as literal to the script as I could.

Again, thank you so much for the comment and your help, it's extremely appreciated, truly. It makes me happy beyond words that we have such a knowledgeable and enthusiastic fanbase to lean on, and that you care to put in so much effort to help us get things right. You guys are incredible!

Group Leader
Any update to this story is a welcome one, no matter how delayed. Take your time and get well!

It's about damn time our girl finally gets some real time in the suit :win:. Pretty fast field servicing going on there, which makes me wonder if suit reliability is going to become an issue later on.

Thank you so much, it's our pleasure to be able to get this series to fans like you! I'm very much trying, but let's be real, it's hard to stay active and healthy when there's so many awesome manga series to read and video games to play.

Right? I've been looking forward to Sakimori getting to kick some kaiju ass in the exo-suit too, so I'm really excited about the upcoming chapters.

Damn, I didn't even consider that! But you're right, that could certainly be some very slick foreshadowing...

Dex-chan lover
As for calling her "Odzu the Wizard", I didn't change the gender to "Witch" because the kanji used was 「魔法使い」(Mahōtsukai) which is a bit different from the common Japanese term for witch 「魔女」(Majo), so I just assumed the differentiation there intentional.
The Wizard of Oz :D

MY DUDE, Y'ALL EVEN BRINGING THIS AT ALL IS ALREADY A MIRACLE! DON'T FEEL BAD FOR TAKING A WHILE TO GET IT DONE!! ; □ ; )

That must have been so hard, getting a bone infection and having to uni orz

As always, thanks a lot comrades, y'all being MVPs....!

And please drink a lot of water and rest a lot, your health is important! Even if one is already better, you should still drink a lot of water!

...No but like, seriously, stay hydrated, it helps a lot with most sicknesses and also in not getting sick/getting sick again. Such cool peeps needa be healthy. Make sure you're eating enough nutrients, vitamins and proteins too ;-;

...Now I'm starting to sound like a mom...

Edit: Forgot to mention this chapter was fire too xD
Hope they can save Toribro ;-;

Dex-chan lover
The Wizard of Oz :D
OOOHHH!! That's the pun they were going for.

Witch is not the female form of wizard. The word carries a negative connotation that doesn't exist for wizard. The male form of witch is warlock, not wizard. The gender-neutral translation for mahotsukai should be magician or mage. That said, it doesn't apply here. Since Odzu's moniker is clearly meant to be a pun, maybe a better translation would be "the wizard Odzu"?

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Thank you very much for uploading this chapter. This series is incredible and I can't wait to read the rest of it.

Users who are viewing this thread