Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 17 Ch. 68 - Return Dragon Vein

i had the read the wiki about the heroes to figure out what is going on right now because i got confused as fk this chapter , i had no idea what is going on beforehand

baba loli xD my gosh this naofumi, anyway the manga and anime probably take the light novel route, than the web novel route probably its in five years we met atlas

Dex-chan lover
Who the hell is that fake genius and is he gonna matter in the future?

@Xystus
Who the hell is that fake genius and is he gonna matter in the future?

He's a minor villain in the Kizuna's world arc.

Short version is,
he's a genius along the lines of Kyo and
Tact
. He tries to claim the Katana vassal weapon by pulling it out of a stone a la Excalibur, but the Katana dematerializes and jumps towards Raphtalia instead, who was in the area, making her the Katana Hero.
Note, this is different from the WN, where she gets the Hammer seven-star weapon from her own world instead, during the final battle against Tact.
Raphtalia, Glass, Therese, and L'Arc run around as fugitives in that country for a while, until Naofumi and Kizuna's group find them and they escape together. (Naofumi never gets to learn his name, so he nicknames him Trash II.) During their escape, Trash II gets sliced in half. His women nurse a grudge against Naofumi's group for that and join Kyo's group, until they are saved by Naofumi's group after being betrayed by Kyo. Once Kyo is defeated, the women drop their grudge. (At least one joins Kizuna's side after Naofumi returns to Raphtalia's world.)

Dex-chan lover
I hope Firo was there as well. Not only that genius guy tainted his name, he will absolutely get whooped at on his ass by Firo's claw...

Dex-chan lover
I skipped so many chapters. Could someone summarize all the stuff that happened, please?

man i rlly am looking forward how the introduce naofumis "shield" >___<
i only did read the WN i rlly need to buy the LN version asap i want to see all the changes <3

ow boy....did the also change the mad scientist arc ? ahhh i need more :D

Aggregator gang
This is just lazy writing. Seriously, the story hasn't been consistent for a while, it's not even funny. This is not me complaining about it because I'm confused, it's just that the plot points are jumping everywhere and going nowhere for some time.

I'm just glad that I took a break during the Turtle Arc and read it all at once.

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember this from the novel. I guess the light novel version ruined it or something, since this all seems like filler.

Group Leader
@rudezki well you're in for a surprise because the light novel is like 50% different from the web novel and the light novel didn't ruin anything it.

Looks like this manga is headed for my trash heap. Like so many other promising stories, it seems like the author has written the story into a dead-end and has to break any semblance of flow to get out. The second they introduced a second group of heroes from another realm, the story went off the rails. Should've kept it simple.

Users who are viewing this thread