Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo - Vol. 6 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
@sirflimflam Buddy I do not agree with you in the slightest. If (and of course there could be some twist despite the implications) Reichii IS cheating on kaoru, his “sacrifice” is completely stupid and self-serving. Are we supposed to give him points for playing with Kaoru’s feelings because he pities her? If his wishy-washy self is only with Kaoru because he feels condescendingly sorry for her, like he can’t help her as a friend, sorry, it’s Still a dick move. If he loves Kaoru as a friend, he can help her as a friend, instead of whatever damaging husband role he’s playing rn. The savior BS is healthy for no one. And if he’s trying to stop her from breaking down, he’s doing a terrible job. Clearly, she is hurting the most from REICHII’s attitude towards her.

And as I said, as a HUSBAND he owes more to Kaoru than Risako. Also, really? Risako’s own selfish reasons? It literally doesn’t seem like she even likes Reichii. As ive stated, she prob thinks she doing this stuff to prove Reichii is not the man for kaoru, which he’s CLEARLY not. Risako is not worse than reichii but ofc its always easier to forgive the man huh. “Temptress” Risako forced him into NOTHING. EVERYTHING he’s doing is voluntary.

Dex-chan lover
I know many will disagree with what I'm about to say next, but on some level I hope many of the situations at least in the current arc get resolved by either Uta or Kaoru Ntr'ing Reichi via bedding and topping Risako and then sending a video of said CCM (Chad Carnal Move) to Reichi while he's at work. That would be the best possible timeline... short of there being some healthy, emotionally satisfying and stabilizing growth and resolution leading to a happy ending which at the moment I don't see any of the adults at the moment truly deserving. While I do ship both UtaxKaoru and RisakoxKaoru none of those outcomes at this point seem particularly healthy because one would just drive home Kaoru's dependency issue and how she would be pulling an accepting but unaware Uta into an unfair relationship, which while age gap can be hot, in this situation where we are wishing/hoping for their long term happiness in the long term would be unfair to Uta. Or in the Kaoru and Risako case even if Risako has good or even the best intentions in what she's doing there are extremely better ways for her to accomplish it rather then assisting the building of a situation which could shatter the person she "loves" rather then helping, healing, or saving her.

Dex-chan lover
I just cannot feel bad for what’s happening to Kaoru, she’s as shitty as the other 2. From the beginning she knew Reiichi didn’t like her, she decided to take his pity and pretty much stole her friend’s boyfriend. Then when she suspects she is getting cheated on she wants a baby, when Uta is doing alright with her life she decides to drag her back into this toxic shit hole? Uta deserves so much better than a pathetic needy het bitch.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah because Kaoru didn't have circumstances. She is totally fine being alone. Bruh, Kaoru did nothing wrong. She is desperate and get get help for the person she can. Reiichi reaching to herafter her mom die is what she needed to stay alive, there is no saying Kaoru wouldn't have die if Reiichi didn't marry her and give her a new family and some warmth. And now she reach to Uta because she is currently the only one who can help her in this situation. The last sentence is just a Bruh moment and very heterophobic, so what if she decided to marry a dude ? She needed someone to help her and Reiichi reach his hand, why would she have refuse it ? Not like Risako has made anything good for her.

when Uta is doing alright with her life

Bruh*3, Uta basically run away after getting rejected and goes to her parents's home where the atmospher is nearly as bad. I don't think she is doing "alright" beside I believe getting away from Kaoru from what your hateful message suggest.

Double-page supporter
"CCM (Chad Carnal Move)" lmao. mangadex comment threads never ceases to amaze me

Dex-chan lover
@orb4eva Your entire argument here about him being kind of an idiot for getting together with her is basically what I said in a previous post about this chapter. This isn't a "good guy reiichi" moment, it's a "reiichi kinda screwed up but at least the things he does aren't intended to hurt someone unlike risako"

You talk about Reiichi pitying or feeling sorry for Kaoru, but that's obviously not the emotion here. He was terrified about her condition. The man was straight up crying (that's a pretty big deal when especially in media, men are not supposed to cry). She lost the only pillar in her life and was legitimately wasting away. He made the choice to break things off with Risako because he actually loves Kaoru. It's not like he had some devious plan in his head where he'd get together with her and cheat on the side. He was making his choice here. Was he able to follow through with it all the way till the end? Obviously not, we've seen him struggle overcoming his actual love for Kaoru (more like family, maybe a sister) for the romantic one he placed himself in. Again, I already mentioned in my very first reply in this thread how this was definitely not the right choice if he didn't really love her romantically, but he was clearly a bit desperate in the moment she not completely waste away.

Honestly, given the way Reiichi got together with Kaoru, It's pretty obvious even to Kaoru his primary motivations in getting together with her was certainly his love for her, but not necessarily romantic love. She knew what it was, but she buried that part deep down until she all but forgot it. I mean her little monologue is pretty self-evident.

The same thing you are criticizing Reiichi for is exactly the same sort of bullshit Risako had been pulling, except there's no coherent argument that can be made for her. It has literally nothing to do with gender. I can't believe you're even trying to equate my statements as some misogynistic tripe. She *absolutely doesn't* love Reiichi, that's a given. Yet she got together with him. Pulled him along, apparently for quite a long time even. Out of love? No. She doesn't love him. She did what she did to mess with Kaoru, to "take" Reiichi from her, for absolutely her own selfish reasons. It's the same reason why she specifically made the statements she did at the end of the chapter. She specifically antagonizes Kaoru, likely because she (unknowingly to herself) loves her and doesn't know how to react to these feelings of love she has but doesn't recognize as love, so she does things that get a raise out of her. She's literally the equivalent of a little boy bullying the girl he likes because he has feelings, dammit, and he just doesn't know what to do with them.

I don't honestly buy the "proving Reiichi is the wrong guy for Kaoru" argument for a moment. Maybe, maybe if this whole song and dance had ended in high school. But they were together for years, with Reiichi feeling obligated to keep his distance from Kaoru until he literally could not mentally allow himself to do so anymore (eg. the incident). She must have been preparing some seriously meticulous reports if she was going to play that game for as long as she had. Shame she hadn't proffered any of that information to Kaoru when the switch happened, instead going along with it merrily.

So yeah, I really can't say I find Reiichi any worse than Risako, who has the surgical precision to get what she wants of an 6 year old.

But I digress, I don't really care to continue discussing it.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt heterophobic lmaooo.... and yes doing alright with her life, Uta decided to move on from a love that will never happen and an environment that was making her unhappy. Also even in your comment you’re describing Kaoru as someone who’s only looking out for herself without even considering other people’s feelings so nothing more to add on that lol

Dex-chan lover
Good lord, Kaoru is one big ball of anxiety disorders. I'm beginning to think no one but the side characters have any sort of truly healthy relationships right now.

Dex-chan lover
and an environment that was making her unhappy.

That's nice to forget she wasn't in good terms with her parents. Her going to her parents was just picking another poison, instead of Kaoru, who btw was still willing to accept her even after what happen, she go back to her mom with which she was in bad terms. Even Reiichi wasn't agree with Uta's decision.

you’re describing Kaoru as someone who’s only looking out for herself

She is alone for goodness's sake. She lost the real person who truly count for her and the other one who count for her doesn't pay attention to her 80% of the time. I mean, almost no one look out for her in the first place.

a pathetic needy het bitch.

At the moment you decide to put het, it become heterophobic. I would still argue against that but i don't remotly see why the fact that she is het as to do with anything.

Yknow rather than sad or depressed, I feel quite... usual. I realized that now I could clearly see someone I know who's very dear to me as Kaoru, they just have that same thinking and somehow similar pain. I don't know how to feel about this knowing that I relate to Uta, being that person who she goes to at hard times and relies for a sense of comfort. I just hope Kaoru feels better, I genuinely hope that she and Uta would have a good talk. They need it. They seriously need it.

The best way Uta could put this is listening out for Kaoru, and as much as I ship them, it'll be best if they wouldn't engage in a relationship of gay stuff because it is so damn unhealthy right now. Whatever happens, even if no gay appears, as long as they're happy then it's fine.

Dex-chan lover
@sirflimflam Thats literally my point. I am completely aware that I cannot say Risako is better than Reichii and that what im criticizing Reich for is essentially the same. Thats literally exactly what im saying. It can be way more nuanced than “Risako’s a bitch aw poor reich is a good guy :,( Hit her with a truck“ Literally my point is that risako is not worse than reich. And, as ive said, the pain that Kaoru feels as a direct cause of reich’s treatment is STRONG. And sorry, the same way you don’t agree with my analysis of Risako I don’t agree with yours of Reich. Even if you think his intentions were somehow pure, the results of his following actions are obviously telling.

And, what do you think are her selfish reasons? When it comes down to it risako is hurting kaoru because of her love for her, reich is hurting kaoru because of his love for her. They’re both hurting her. And AGAIN, Risako doesnt owe kaoru as much as her HUSBAND does, who can easily just not talk to Risako tf. Youre literally pulling the trope of blaming the mistress way way way more than the actual cheater, especially with your previous temptress line. And, again, she's repressed and gay, which is not easy.

And just cause you think he's an idiot and doesnt know the results of his actions doesnt mean he shouldnt be blamed for the results,.. like what

(but also actually if risako was with reich for years she prob cared for him i did not remember the timeline, wasshe really?)

Aggregator gang
srsly the fuck is going on in the comments??

i could never follow, if only they had the comments in FUCKING THREADS

Dex-chan lover
@gamma2015 yeah comment threads like disqus would be great
still, why do i have the feeling it was risako who told reichi to come to kaoru to create a reason for them to make up
that would be cliche. and fucked, but it makes sense...
sigh...

Dex-chan lover
@Aur_ddy lmao I wanted this manga to end up better than it was ;( but nice to see a fellow person with taste 😌 stan loona

Fed-Kun's army
Uh oh, let's hope this doesn't end in suicide. Kaoru seems severely depressed right now.

Dex-chan lover
I understand wanting your childhood friend to be happy, but don't break up with your partner for it. That's a recipe for disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread