Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - Chapter 35 - Each other's truths

@onionskins It's easy to judge someone when you're on the outside, watching, but it's hard to understand how they feel. While I still think she's a bitch for putting Kaory through this while there was a much simpler solution, I can somewhat understand her point of view, even if I don't agree with it.

Regardless, thanks for the translation, whomever did it!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, wonder what Kaoru would do now since she realised Reiichi felt obligated to be with her.. guess we'll find out next month

She's realizing that the genuine love she was looking for was coming from Uta! Aaaaaaaahhh. Here's to hoping for something I shouldn't really hope for. Oh well, Yuri it is! Cheers.

She will kill herself at this rate lmfao , this needs a tragedy tag also
I think all 4 characters are trash but the less trash by far is the blonde friend

Fed-Kun's army
Her Love for Reiichi has blinded her, she couldn't let go and was hurting not only herself but Reiichi as well.. Sometimes it's just not meant to be and moving on is the best option you have, you can still love someone, but in a way that both parties can be happy..

@CrispyCkMoe What you said is resumed into: "All of them are stupid for hiding their feelings" lol

Anyways, I'm very thankful for this chapter full of character development and a whole lot of.. teasing,/ because we want more Uta, the author knows that, unfortunately, there's not enough pages for Uta and as always a cliffhanger is a must...

I'm sure that if this was a well made anime I would be shaking and crying rn but, I'm glad it isn't, because I can't handle this sort of shit rn lol..
I even tried to watch Initial D.. But it all went downhill when I was finishing the first season and discovered that most of the romantic relationships crash and burn.. haha car joke lol... I was traumatized and swore that when I recovered I would only watch for the races.. cause my heart can't handle well written bad conflicts in anime lul

Kaoru saying she would forgive Reiichi and Risako has been consistent with the last few chapters. Even after learning about everything that Reiichi had done, she clung to the idea that, somewhere deep inside, he cared for her in a similar fashion as she did to him. Love is a helluva drug — it can make us blind to a lot of things — and Kaoru is desperate to be loved, as highlighted by her last thoughts of the chapter.

Up until the point where she learned that Reiichi did not and could not love her, she was fighting desperately to garner his affection, and ony after Risako tells her that does she seemingly accept that their relationship is over. Whether or not Risako was honest about her thoughts, or simply using them as another manipulation tactic to drive Kaoru towards her, is up to debate, but they were certainly what Kaoru needed to hear in order to move past her one-sided love.

Which is a fancy way of saying that I hope she tries to contact Uta to begin the process of salvaging their relationship.

Dex-chan lover
All of you easily said "Kaoru should just divorce Reichi". Dude, do you even understand the position in Kaoru point of view? She has no one else beside reichi, and up until this point since her mother death he is the only one who support her by being her husband. Althogh he doesn't love her the way it should be, Reichi still support her by being on her side and give her finance.

Do you even know how hard it is to live all by herself when she doesn't even have relative and a sufficient job? How do you expect for her to stand up all by herself after divorce when she even has a lonely complex and cannot support herself properly.

I just hate it when people call her dumb or whatever, what she was trying to do is to keep the current situation does not change. Because if it change she need a really big effort and resolve, and it can't be gained by sheer will and spontaniously. She needs a break and moment to think, and taht is what she needs to do from now on. So what she does is normal like any other person would do in thoose kind of situation.

Dex-chan lover
@Kabeidon_ Then consider the fact that the blond friend (Risako) has feelings for Kaoru since high school (Maybe even longer) and has been doing almost all these things to manipulate Kaoru in to her arms.

Fed-Kun's army
das right kaoru, uta is the one who actually loves you for who you are, not due to some obligation/promise. So go to her now and get dat head pat you need~

and pls do this soon, cause this drama is now dragging on too long :/

@Qira_adan agreed. I think some people really see relationships as nothing more than "feelings for each other". That may be true for teenage loves, but adult relationships are much more complicated than that. You don't just divorce someone as easily as you break up with someone, I dunno if some people realize that.

Dex-chan lover
Good chapter.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot I wanted to comment on something. And I'm surprised no one else did.

"Why? 'cause if there's going to be tears it won't cause a scene here."

LMAO what a cold bitch. I love her. And Kaoru's reaction to her was top notch.

I rolled my eyes when Kaoru said she wanted to start again with Reichi, but at the same time I kinda understand her. She has noone else, and Reichii has been with her for years and years, so it's understanable that she'd cling to him. I just hope she'll finally realize that the love she's so desperate to have can be given to her by Uta. Even if it stays platonic, cause Uta truly cares for her and has her best interestin mind. This is something that would be really good for Kaoru.

I really detest Risako, but I will begrudgingly accept the progress of Kaoru realizing that Rei does not and cannot reciprocate her feelings; the fact that she even has a moment of insight that Uta HAS been giving her the unconditional love and acceptance she desires was delightfully unexpected. Now to see where Kaoru goes from here I suppose.

This whole conflict is rather badly written. Risako's and Reiichi's characters are absurd, it feels like the author was uncertain about their roles in the story and made several turns with them.

Dex-chan lover
No fudging way. How in the world she was planning to start over with Reiichi and forgive her?

Users who are viewing this thread