Teach me Dialogues please

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I am no writer, i was just reading this thread for fun and decided to write a comment.

Good thing that my only use of latin was in etimology, so now i can figure out the meaning of some words if i try really hard to dissect them and come from latin roots. Languages and grammar have never been my strong point, but ironically i have a good understanding on how it works, its just that i get anoyed at the theory part and only care about the practice part, so while i can use english very well, i am unable to recall things like tenses, participles and things like that, i use them naturally without thinking (in fact, i doubt i ever studied about those kinds of things for any exam), the same happens with spanish, i absolutely hate spansih classes, they bore me a lot, i am able to figure them out with context, but theory is my doom.

English grammar is a daunting thing to learn. My suggestion is to just listen to a lot of English on youtube
This is actually very useful advice, for almost my entire life i have been learning and speaking english, not only on my main school education but on multiple english teaching schools, so much in fact that when i was on middle school i asked my parents to stop sending me to english courses because i was getting bored of learning the same things over and over again. The only thing i don't know if i'm good at is pronunciation, i miss my xbox friends :(.

I'm sorry if i'm not able to give new advice, but i hope you continue writing without ever loosing your motivation for it, good luck! As you said, your first paragraph that Tamerlane corrected had grammar mistakes, but eventually you become one with the grammar and cringe every time you make a seplling msiteak, writing stuff becomes natural. But i'm no writer tho, at least not one that uses words.

@Richman
Umu, No prob. Actually you're giving a very good point there. Though, i never learn english aside from self studying trough games, movies, and novels, and from school. i can relate the feeling of burnout of learning the same things over and over again. In fact both of us has a lot of similiarties on how we view English, especially that
good understanding, yet bad in theory, and use it without thinking
and thank you for the support

Staff
Super Moderator
No problem, man. Looking forwar for your story.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman It's okay, half of English speakers don't know how to speak English either.

Who that half is depends on which side of the pond you are on and where you live, but contenders include the Welsh, the English, the Scots, All of America, Only the Deep South, New Englanders, Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, etc.

You're lucky you live in Mexico because the British/American rivalry is truly something to behold

Staff
Super Moderator
@Tamerlane
It's the same with spanish speaking countries, nobody can decide which spanish is the true spanish here in Latinamerica, between us mexicans, Spain and 96% of South America, i think only the Real Academia Española gets to decide which words can be considered spanish, everything else are just regionalisms(?) created by each country and do not count on the Spanish dictionary.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman The uninformed 'murican perspective: Mexico is the country that speaks the true Spanish and everyone else is just posers

Hence why people say dumbshit like this
w2leruuvjxr01.png

Staff
Super Moderator
"No ya dum eediout dous arr di spaniards"
But the true spanish is the Spanish spanish from Spain

@Richman
Didn't know that there's such a problem of language in some countries. In my country, Indonesia, we have a lot of local language that literally can be considered foreign language with each other. Even the close one can have vastly different meaning, even though they are actually only a variation of that certain local language. But the national language is the same for all regions, about 80% maybe. As there's still a lot of region that didn't use it.

But no matter the language is, we should be proud with them, especialy your mother language even if it's not considered as official langauge or a part of a language.

Dex-chan lover
I've been using English so much that I became more confident in my English than my mother tongue. I also speak to myself in my head using English.

Contributor
@pockettrash @Tamerlane
camera necessaria pro usus cookare, cum saucepannis, stewpannis, scullero, dressero, coalholo, stovis, smoak-jacko;
pro roastandum, boilandum, fryandum, et plumpudding mixandum, pro turtle soupos, calve's-head-hashibus, cum calipee et calepashibus.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the further it goes on, the more it descends into madness @justforthelulz
But have you considered...

Sumus non ad amorem aliēnigenās
Scis praecepta, et Ego quoque
Plenus receptus quid ipse sentiam est
Es non posses hoc ex aliqua alia virō

Ego modo volo dicere quam sentiam
Surrexi facere tibi intellegis

Numquam dēdam te
Numquam dēmittam te
Numquam conversābō et dēseram te
Numquam facio te clamoris
Numquam valedīcam
Numquam dico mendacium et vulnero

Contributor
@Tamerlane
I'm gonna level with you, I don't know what any of that is actually supposed to say.
Audi famam illius.
Solus in hostes ruit
et patriam servavit.

Audi famam illius.
Cucurrit quaeque tetigit destruens.

Audi famam illius.
Audi famam illius.

Spes omnibus, mihi quoque.
Terror omnibus, mihi quoque.

Ille
iuxta me.
Ille iuxta me.

Socii sunt mihi,
qui olim viri fortes
rivalesque erant.

Saeve certando pugnandoque
splendor crescit.

Contributor
@Tamerlane
I didn't click the link because my honed internet-meme-sense was tingling.
But then I went back and reread your post and everything made sense.

Staff
Super Moderator
They are speaking the language of the gods!

Btw, if you know you are getting rickrolled, you basically rickroll yourself, because you have to be aware of the rickrolling in the first place, so you think of the song even without clicking on the link. Or at least that's how i think it should go.

Staff
Super Moderator
I mead a seplling msteak, i hav corected id @Tamerlane, evry thing is nao ritten wrightly.

Users who are viewing this thread