Team Medical Dragon - Vol. 22 Ch. 178 - Ordinary Person

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for all the hard work translating this. "Bows"

Dex-chan lover
Ijuuin doesn't even try to make excuses anymore.

He just goes and get shit done.

Dex-chan lover
Is it possible to give headpats to a fictional intern surgeon character in a surgery feat. hospital-politic manga?

Dex-chan lover
Ah fuck I got goosebumps. So many years reading this manga, wasn’t expecting that at all though. The old Ijuuin would’ve said “but I’m just an intern” and needed to be convinced that he has what it takes, but no.

And I don’t even think it’s a matter of self-confidence or anything of the like. I think he trusts Asada and (to a lesser extent) Katou, and in the deepest sense truly has faith in their prowess as doctors as well as leaders. They told him to perform the surgery, hence he must be capable of performing the surgery. It’s as simple as that.

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak
right?? Ijuuin has always been the true mc of this series. It's just that while most things only show what happens to the mc, team medical dragon spends a lot of time showing the world around ijuuin which is shaping him.

he doesn't even realize how good he is compared to everyone else, you can see that when he was skeletonizing blood vessels for kirishima's surgery. because he hangs around with monsters, he doesn't realize he's becoming a monster himself.

i always thought that Kazu (air gear) and Furuichi (beelzebub) is the best side kick characters.
But ijuuin is just another level...

Dex-chan lover
@Bonticimmy As nobaka said, Ijuuin is the real (hidden) protagonist of the serie.

I honestly think the author really wanted us to show the story of a sort-of normal guy becoming proficient and growing as a person. Everyone else, at this point of the story, just want to make him grow as much as possible. He might not the the character with the most screen time, he is still green an learning, but he's certainly the main focus of the story

Proof of that is, he's by FAR the one we see monologuing the most often. We are always shown what he thinks, what he feels. Kato has that too, but to a lesser degree. We just don't see Asada's inner thoughts instead.

Users who are viewing this thread