Tedama ni Toritai Kurokiya-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - I want to decide on my future plans

Aggregator gang
OMG.. I can't breathe.. this fucking manga is so- 🤣🤣🤣

Dex-chan lover
@Stoner you do get dumber the less you use your brain, though I don't know if you get dumber quicker depending on your aage and what you do. I try to do mental exercises a lot even if they are simple. My cousin who is some sort of doctor for old people who works with theem lots in the hospital. So doing things like counting up by some number, counting up by prime numbers, counting up by non prime numbers, counting down in some way which is harder for most people

Dex-chan lover
@Ghang I believe that 偏差値70 would mean grades that are in the top 2% of students and the joke is she takes it to mean just scoring 70%s on her tests.

If you know stats, you can see the jdict definition for 偏差値 mentions a mean of 50 and standard deviation of 10, so 70 means two deviations above that, and the area under 70+ on such a bell curve is only ~2.3% of the total.

Double-page supporter
When I learned about 偏差値 it was described as a scale similar to IQ but with the middle at 50 instead of 100. So yeah, 70 is pretty impressive. Tokyo University, the most famous university in Japan, has a range of 67.5-72.5 according to this source.

She's basically confusing 70% on tests for a score high enough to get into Japan's Harvard.

Group Leader
@redpandamaniacal Thank you for commenting about this. I just looked into it a bit more and it seems like you are correct.

It's funny how I didn't understand this back then since I am looking at the same info I looked at when working on this chapter lmao.

@sixfish11 I CANN DO LONGER ... LEEETT'S FUKKKKKKINNNGG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Here's another explanation lol from another manga's sub notes.

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/13/20/

Dex-chan lover
images

Users who are viewing this thread