Tedama ni Toritai Kurokiya-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - I want to take a break sometimes

Dex-chan lover
@deathmailrock
Huh, that's a surprisingly insightful read from a gyaru Manga comment section. Yeah that's a weird thing to happen now that I think about it.

Why do I hate tiktok? Why do other people hate tiktok? I don't use it, I'm not affected by it, but watching someone "Do the tiktok" makes me cringe and mentally reduce his / her standing in my mental chart, even though it makes him / her happy. Dunno why.

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 I personally don't think I'm that insightful. It was just that there was a period of time when I hated Myles Morales. Not because I hated him, but the fact that they were bringing politics into Spider-Man in such a blatant way. For me, only Peter should be Spider-Man.

But then, I saw a little black boy who was excited to be Miles. And that made me realize how self centered my view was. To me, it might have been blasphemy for the comics, but to the boy, it was a Black Superhero he could look up to. It was a Spider-Man that resonated with him more.

And then there was the fact that books I liked, like SAO and Twilight were hated by people who didn't even have to watch them. And when I thought of how it felt when people hated stuff I liked, I kinda felt ashamed of myself.

I personally really don't like the Sequel Trilogy.... but so many people do....

Aggregator gang
I fucking love this shit lmfaoooooooo
Good luck Ren man. You're gonna need it.

Dex-chan lover
@deathmailrock
Even if you think so, it still makes me think, because almost the exact same thing happen to be when captain marvel "happened". I too hate when politic are brought into my escapism media, and captain marvel is the most blatant female empowerment agenda that are bought into the mcu.

But in the past, I watched it with my friend and she enjoyed it and felt empowered by it (and somehow she can relate to her), and after reading your comment; I too start to question "Why do I have to hate it, its not like it hurts me, and other people find joy in it".

So yeah, thanks for sharing your experience I guess lol, makes me think in a different way

Contributor
@musicfreak12
@deathmailrock
It is quite blatantly obvious that the author is responding to a negative reaction to the character and changing it to appeal more,
There is no harm to criticising anyone let alone the most vapid mouth breething fanbases on the planet, uninspired corporate consumerist bilge is fair game and frankly a healthy feedback that prevents things getting worse.

What concerns me is the rewriting of history, or as seems a disturbing trend among the woke crowd the erasure, note the recent announcement that an american library in massachusets is banning the Odyssey or modern retranslations of classical works that claim relevance not by dint of merit or any particular novel perspective but because they remove all the parts that these insane and oversensitive people find offensive, leaving what were epic and beautiful works of art infused with a deep and colourful language an empty and clumsy hackjob.
Precedents have been set and unless their is backlash there is encroachment into your sphere of interest.
in an age where web apps such as twitter, tiktok, facebook seek to render your attention span a transient, dopamine addicted husk we must embrace the beauty and longform.

[erratic rant over]

Dex-chan lover
This is the third time a character from the manga comments hates on their fictional version, but at least this time the author wasn't around to hear the critic of her manga.

Dex-chan lover
@subliminal In some cases, yes. The problem seems to be more from outsiders hating on a trope or story for a specific fan base.

Like, hating on a show because it's popular and you don't like it (like how people do with SAO and Twilight).

Or hating on a character that is clearly meant for and enjoyed by young children (Olaf).

Like, I get not liking that stuff. That's fine. We don't need to enjoy everything. But the fact that people go out of their way to complain about that stuff just feels wrong. Nobody is forcing them to read or watch any of that stuff (okay, maybe parents with kids are being forced to watch Olaf, but let the kids have their fun).

There seems to be a rage when something we dislike is popular with another group.

Dex-chan lover
@subliminal

I agree to what @deathmailrock said. We were discussing about why we (and many people) hate a media because many hate it and not thinking about "Why do I hate it" more critically

However, a problem like blatant agenda pushing (be it politics, economy, or other stuff) and history rewriting because "The truth is dangerous to our children" is indeed a horrible trend that the industry is going lately, and I hate it.

I believe that stuff like backlash, critics and whatever it is that we use to fight against that is pointless, and I believe more in "Fighting with your wallet". In the end, they are a big corporation that seeks to make a profit, when a title / media that push a strong agenda like that doesn't sell, they simply will stop making it (or at the very least reducing its influence in their product) because its unprofitable.

Some that I consider to be an example : (Captain marvel, last of us 2, live action Mulan)

Dex-chan lover
Here comes the pool chapter, I’m waiting for my man to show up with 6 pack abs

Thanks for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread