Tedama ni Toritai Kurokiya-san

Dex-chan lover
Came for the cute romance, stayed for the comedy. Mashiro's ascension fucking killed me lol

Double-page supporter
I find this series really funny but I don’t ship them it’s weird lol find her annoying ship wise but she’s funny

Drop everything you’re doing and read this right now. Easily one of the fluffiest mangas I’ve ever read with actually good artwork

Dex-chan lover
@lordWololo Sorry, I've got a cold and I'm kinda dense and slow right now. I'm lost. The "below comicS"? Plural? I...don't see a list anywhere.
Or you mean just this one? Thanks for the tag, btw, after checking summary and comments it seems like a wholesome gyaru, so added.

EDIT: Wait, after reading Ch1 I KNOW I've read this in the past. Prolly on a different site and it got lost during migration XD

Dex-chan lover
It's a bit of a shame - the artwork is nice and expressive, I love the comedy and the fluffiness of it, but I just can't get over how it's a plot point that Ruu used to get straight 100s in elementary school (and therefore clearly can't be actually stupid) but turned into a complete spaz over the span of three years. It's supposed to be endearing, but her utter lack of maturity is awakening fatherly instincts more than anything, and as a father I would be horrified. Just what kind of home life does she have that failed her so completely? This isn't even arrested development, she's actively regressed to being less mature than her elementary school self.

Kinda implies that her "gyaru" interests actively made her stupider, too. Which doesn't quite gel with the "gyaru acceptance" angle. It rings hollow when the manga implies that she's fine as she is right now. I understand the sentiment... But she's clearly not fine! The only light on the horizon is that she does make that jump in the most recent exams, and there's still plenty of high school left. If this is going in the direction of her clawing her way back from the brink only to overtake Tadashi for #1 at the very end and embarking on a bright academic future, and marrying him once they're at eye level rather than him being her adult caretaker, I'll be mollified.

This really is a fun series! They have a huge gap in personality which makes it really funny. And because of that, they keep sabotaging themselves even if they like each other! 🤣

Group Leader
Hey guys, just letting you guys know that I am hella busy right now and probably won't be able to get around to translating chapter 15 (havent even read it yet) until i have a little break in around 2 weeks. If I decide to slack off then maybe it will come quicker but who knows.

Dex-chan lover
Curious, sometimes English and Spanish scans use Korean raws when Japanese raws aren't available, but today I found this manga in a Korean site and they use "pretty bad TLs" version as "Raw source", from Japanese to English to Korean...

Users who are viewing this thread