Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 15.1 - Mad Marianne (Part 1)

Power Uploader
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
381
I mean, IIRC he could somewhat understand what his mother was thinking about back when she trained him - that unless he toughened up, he would be at the mercy of any woman who tried to get close to him, and she didn't wish that for her only child.

The context on this chapter, and thinking on the reverse (a man trying to train his daughter to become a knight to prevent her from being at the mercy of men), really helps set how much Faust being a reincarnated person helped him push through what otherwise would be grueling AND considered excessive in that world, and for a child as spoiled as he technically grew up being.
I am not sure that is her reason. To me it feels more like she is doing that because she wants him to be strong so he can't die. His dad died because he was not stronger and did not want to see that happen to her child.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
May 13, 2020
Messages
880
This chapter somehow feels better written than the entire bandit campaign arc
(for somebody who haven't read the novel)
Yeah i dropped it late in that arc and happened to see this chapter floating around, this was actually really good and I wish all of it was more at this level of writing+art (maybe the long break helped)
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
111
Sad, never knowing a parent because of death.

Well, the training was tough. Yet it made him strong. Considering where Faust is and how he acts. Looked like it wasnt bad.
I mean it was normal knight training. I'm sure he said it in a previous chapter, that he though it was perfectly normal, based on his prior knowledge.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 22, 2018
Messages
952
I mean it was normal knight training. I'm sure he said it in a previous chapter, that he though it was perfectly normal, based on his prior knowledge.
Yeah, that world is probably not used to the same level of training as our world. I can asume they'll eventually meet some strong male knights from the other kingdom.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 8, 2018
Messages
937
It has been so long that I forgot about it, but it was mentioned in the first chapter that men were somewhat rare and highly coveted. To the point that it was common for women to share their husbands with friends and neighbors.

It was in the setting the whole time.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
257
I didn't expect her to be older then him, nor that she has a shared husband and child already, that said I really liked how much I learned of their shared past.
So it’s not my misunderstanding or anything and Helga does actually share a husband with her sister? That’s pretty wild.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
1,077
I mean, IIRC he could somewhat understand what his mother was thinking about back when she trained him - that unless he toughened up, he would be at the mercy of any woman who tried to get close to him, and she didn't wish that for her only child.

The context on this chapter, and thinking on the reverse (a man trying to train his daughter to become a knight to prevent her from being at the mercy of men), really helps set how much Faust being a reincarnated person helped him push through what otherwise would be grueling AND considered excessive in that world, and for a child as spoiled as he technically grew up being.
Uumm... No. IDK why you think she was training him to "not be at the mercy of women".

1) Mariann loved her husband and refused to take another. 2) She wanted her child to love and lead the domain. 3) Faust was her only child. ... thus ... 4) train Faust to be a knight and the leader of the domain.

Keep in mind that Faust is huge. Much larger than the men of the this world. (Basically twinks by our standards.) And he would have been huge from birth onward. So there would have been the possibility of him being a knight from the beginning.

Also, other kingdoms are (apparently) not so dead set against men as knights. And Mariann likely knew that.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
1,077
So it’s not my misunderstanding or anything and Helga does actually share a husband with her sister? That’s pretty wild.
That's normal for this world. 10:1 female to male gender imbalance. Only high rank women are able to have a man all to themselves.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
1,077
I am not sure that is her reason. To me it feels more like she is doing that because she wants him to be strong so he can't die. His dad died because he was not stronger and did not want to see that happen to her child.
That doesn't make sense. He's much more likely to die as a knight than as a husband. (Males are protected in this world.)
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 17, 2026
Messages
2,189
This chapter somehow feels better written than the entire bandit campaign arc
(for somebody who haven't read the novel)
On same sentiment here, the whole bandit and fighting were not bad but its dragged too long and it feels hardly has connection or importance to the title. :nyoron:

This chapter is more important because it shows how he became a knight, why he became one despise his rare stature.
Mom built him to be MACHO, perhaps out of fear that her only son will die the way her husband died, and mom is aware she has limit to what she can do. Hard to swallow due to how harsh it is but the result of investing in yourself is always good.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 27, 2023
Messages
405
this chapter brought a refreshing different POV of past events we had already seen, as well as some information:
-Seems Faust was the kind who regained his memories at birth
-Marianne was seen as way more than just eccentric, even her own servants thought of her as outright mad
-Faust's father and his appearance
-Helga's mother and the family signature forehead
-The reason his mother decided to turn him into a knight might have to do with the way her husband died and not wanting her only son to a have a frail build with poor nutrition.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
1,077
Faust: Princess Valierre, it's not what you can give me, it's what you don't give me. ... And that's an erection.

I'm not in goddamned excruciating pain every time I'm around you because I'm rock hard and ready (as I am with your mother, sister, aunt, and etc.)

And so you sweet little loli (which is thankfully not my thing), I'll gladly continue as your advisor.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
1,077
Mangaka is so goddamned good at showing emotion and character.

90% of how characters feel here is expressed in drawing rather than in words. Valiere, Faust, Helga, etc. ... getting a character study on all of them.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
543
No way author is giving me a helga neesama backstory after establishing anyone can die and possibly the first that would cry is due to her death
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 28, 2018
Messages
1,398
Uumm... No. IDK why you think she was training him to "not be at the mercy of women".
Partly because of some weird implications I got, from how she looked at Faust being chased by Helga and how their monologue was going about the events happening.

But yeah, it is more generally just "becoming stronger and sturdier, capable of protecting and leading the territory himself"...which kinda requires him to be strong enough, unlike most men in that world, to not depend on a woman. Which I mistakenly took as the core of her reasoning.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top