TELOMERE - Ch. 1 - Episode 1: "The other side of the end"

Fed-Kun's army
This series shows a lot of promise so far, thanks for the translation. I think you're doing a fine job, keep up the good work my dude.

Dex-chan lover
Curious to see where this goes, and if the title has any real relation to the story (telomeres, of course, being the nonfunctional DNA segments found at ends of chromosomes that tell a cell line when it's time to die) :thonk:

Good to see a heroine using sign, since it brings another dimension to the story. Hopefully it's not just a gimmick. Less impressed by one-tapping a frickin' bear with pistol-caliber rounds, but...when zombies and bug-ships are roaming freely, any sort of reality gets thrown out the window. Super healing and super hearing seem to be benefit of the siblings', er, special circumstances?

Dex-chan lover
Translation is a little rough died to dead - see to saw etc but most certainly readable and the premise seems interesting

Dex-chan lover
I would suggest relying on ChatGPT to correct the grammar/conjugation of the sentences if you're not sure. Thanks for the TL regardless!

Sorry, it's My first TL
Both chapters have many, many grammar mistakes, get a proofreader at the very least, join some scanlating groups on reddit/discord or something. Update the chapters with the fixes when you can find someone with good English to fix them. I'd help but I'm busy enough with other series. Good luck

Although readable, I definitely agree with the others about seeking solutions. Using AI to proofread would be a good first step, as would using spellcheck- for example, ‘feeled’ is not a word, but ‘felt’ is. ‘Died’ is a verb (an action), and not an adjective (a description). Machine translations are also shockingly good nowadays, so you could always machine translate it using AI and use that as a reference. As it is now, it’s pretty jarring to see characters speaking like this.

Dex-chan lover
Okay this is actually interesting. Never been more interested in a zombie media. So they're actually children of a human man and zombie mother. Fucked up for sure. Yet they still retain their human side and doesn't need to eat human. Kinda like Blade.

Aggregator gang
So, do you guys think the twin is like The Last of Us Ellie situation or some Japanese guy did the boinky sploinky with a zombie?

:thonk:

Dex-chan lover
So, do you guys think the twin is like The Last of Us Ellie situation or some Japanese guy did the boinky sploinky with a zombie?

:thonk:
In chapter 0 you can see the twins as babies when the zombie outbreak began and there was never talk of a mother

Double-page supporter
A bit strange they dropped the reason our protags are not being attacked by zombies by the 2nd chapter in rather stilted dialogue.

Users who are viewing this thread