Ten ni Kou

Group Leader
I can't do it...if at least the white bubbles were properly cleaned/typeset, I could deal, but I'm just so distracted by the text I can't even enjoy the story...

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, sorry. I feel like this would be up my alley, but just pasting the translation below the original dialogue in raw scans is distracting. By what standard is that acceptable?

Contributor
I... who thought this was a good idea? I was literally shaking for like 5 minutes after I found this with uncontrollable giggles but also with outrage?? Literally lul and reee at the same time. I just... why? why?? Even erasing the text and leaving obnoxious white lines over all the patterning would've been better. That I've seen and can understand. Being too lazy to redraw is one thing. But this?

Group Leader
@Choco_Pudding @Marchimarch Thank you very much for your raging comments :D
If you have the skills to clean, by all means, please do consider joining our group and we'll be happy to release these chapters similar to other series, cleaned spick and span.

Contributor
I'm not raging, and I don't have the skill. I just don't understand your decision. It's not about whether or not I can do it myself. I know I can't. But it's rather an essential step to be skipping, too. I mean, in the end it's up to you guys, but as a translator I wouldn't want to do my job if the cleaner wasn't doing theirs. I see it as a waste of the efforts of the group.

I beg to differ. I’m a translator too and one of the things that trouble me, when people ask for translations, is that I do them and there are no releases. Now THAT (to me) would be a waste of effort. I have waited more than 2 years for some of my work to be released. This script was translated in 2018. Honestly the guys here did try cleaning, but it’s really hard, chapter 1 took close to 6 months. Chapter 2 got left unfinished and the cleaner left... I can translate a chapter in 3 days. Editing like this only takes a few weeks. Which would you prefer?

MD@Home
Thanks for translating! I personally don't mind seeing the original text. I'm just happy with being able to read & understand the story. 😊

The story grew on me. It started as an uncomfortable oniichan complex whinefest but the hints of political intrigue keeps me from dropping it. Also, the Fushigi Yuugi feels.

I kinda like it like this, they've done a good job of making it clear and easy to read without covering up too much art or anything. Plus it's good practice for reading japanese. I have a bilingual copy of an old 4-koma that's like this but I kinda prefer this. Good work guys.

Hey i recognize this translation!!!!! It took me all day to do! what's it doing here? Although I am slightly flattered this is awesome! this is my second favorite manga site! thanks for keeping my ending credit page!!!

@stressedcoffee & anyone else who cares to read this

So we re-clean the chapters. Took a very long time. But we are done with chapter 1. It's going to be type-set for re-release. It has been an utter rollercoaster experience.
All our cleaners on the team are frightened by the work involved now... so if anyone loves this story and is up to the challenge to help clean this series, we would welcome you.

Chapter summaries (currently up to vol 2) are posted at our Natsukashii Scans Discord server as a discord-only exclusive! So please visit the channel if you’d like to read ahead!

Users who are viewing this thread