Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 10 Ch. 57 - Man-eater

Group Leader
Looks like we have our final destination finally achieved.
The trip, the obstacles, the arriving there, the figuring out stuff, etc will probably give us some good 25-30 chapters more.
I don't think we're getting the past the 100 mark but I'm satisfied with that.
Excited for next month!

Dex-chan lover
Welp, I guess the pregnancy cramp is really just a false alarm
That was all headcanon, based on what was shown. It was more likely just to explain their staying at the town for an extra 3 days. I wondered what would happen in that period but now we know it provided an opportunity to fix up the car, bring the robot, talk a bit more before heading out, among some other important thematic stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Sooooo... If this robot's name is "Nata", it means it's somehow connected to Nata. But Nata's body was taken by Kaminaka. So like, does it mean that Nata's brain was inserted into that robot after being removed from her original self, OR that old hag kept pretending to be Nata over the years and one way or another (maybe Nata's body caught virus and they decided to transplant her brain to that robot, to save her from becoming Man-Eater?) she ended being robot?
Jesus, I love this manga, it mess with my brain so much.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, I guess the pregnancy cramp is really just a false alarm
The previous chapter really couldn’t have been more clear that Kiruko was having their period.

Sooooo... If this robot's name is "Nata", it means it's somehow connected to Nata. But Nata's body was taken by Kaminaka. So like, does it mean that Nata's brain was inserted into that robot after being removed from her original self, OR that old hag kept pretending to be Nata over the years and one way or another (maybe Nata's body caught virus and they decided to transplant her brain to that robot, to save her from becoming Man-Eater?) she ended being robot?
Jesus, I love this manga, it mess with my brain so much.
It means Nata’s brain was put into the robot. Nata-bot literally states she grew up on the island.
The Director/Mikura died after bringing Maru to Kiruko.

Also something to remember, Ishiguro said the series just crossed the halfway point back when chapter 48 was about to be published. There is still plenty of manga story left to go.

Dex-chan lover
one of my worries, is that out there a group of psychos is doing something similar, trying to "better the world" but just a step of a catastrophic failure...

Dex-chan lover
I don't like the fact that Nata is going with them because she's a defenseless robot (that tazer ain't gonna do anything to someone throwing a projectile at her). I know most of the children are going to end up in a bad fate but seeing Nata leaving that safety net is painful.

Group Leader
the reconstruction kids literally didnt bat an eye at another yamato?

and why didnt they tell them anything about yamato? are they stupid?

Dex-chan lover
The twin explanation was probably sufficient for them. And besides ex-Takahara Academy students and Aoshima, none of the other Nara residents have been shown to have a personal connection to the events on Izukunoe Island and/or any of the former students.

Also it’s not like any of them would likely know anything more about Yamato and Tokio than what Aoshima would already know. And if Aoshima didn’t say anything more about Yamato (besides her likely hiding the clone origin of either Yamato or Maru), that probably means there’s nothing further particularly significant about Yamato Aoshima currently knows about.

Supporter
Also something to remember, Ishiguro said the series just crossed the halfway point back when chapter 48 was about to be published. There is still plenty of manga story left to go.
I suspected there would be at least 20 more chapters, but that would mean around 100 in the end. Good, that makes 3 anime seasons. :)
Thanks for the very quick translation, it's a bit of an exposition chapter but it's logical that it happens at this point of the show and there are still many unknowns to be cleared up.

imagen-2023-08-24-003811673.png

Has anyone noticed that Mikura, Sachio, and Nanoha are here? Why are they there?

Users who are viewing this thread