Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 6 Ch. 33 - Inazaki Robin ➁

Double-page supporter
Here we go, the fucking Stockholm Syndrome

Don't make me drop this manga

Double-page supporter
@twinklecake He has never been truly threatened before honestly. This one also was just very sporadic, lax security. Eh, I was not surprised how quickly he dispatched everyone.

Aggregator gang
Theory:
- I Dont think that is robin, maybe some else knows how to transfer brains. and probably just like haruki recalling his sis memory probably robin stopped before doing anything because of nakama flashback scenes.
- or robin actually is a piece of shit and killed and raped haruki's sis, thats why maybe he was shocked to see her alive.
- harukis real body is being used(brain hijacked) by the doctor, maybe why they cant find the real doctor because theyve been looking for an old doctor instead of a child.

Miv

Aggregator gang
@Nessen i've been thinking some, i think you can make a pretty strong case for your points of view. making it with sources would be way to long winded here, the essence would be tropes of misleading, anti-ntr = popularity and a smartly-written story that probably dislikes obvious villians. just of off intuition. also, nothing penetrative was shown(as was mentioned) + the interruption of the villian getting beaten from the "girls" initiative.

it just isn't obvious to me why he'd be trying to rile him up, and that bugs me.

edit: inb4 me looking stooped in the next chapter. why the guesswork when you can just wait?

@Miv Robin and co. are the ones living in a city with an actual government in an otherwise known wasteland. Normally, from their point of view, Maru or any random wanderer is the opportunistic scumbag. This is presuming Kiruko hasn't detailed anything about Maru. Normally I wouldn't be making this kind of stretch here, but like you said, Ishiguro consistently subverts expectations in a smart way.

Double-page supporter
It seems like Robin just wanted to traumatize Kiruko and it left her reeling so bad she was in a state where she was in shock, overwhelmed with her thoughts and was desperate to escape the noise in her mind. She just wanted the safe place that is Maru and seeing him, she completely snapped back to reality, untied herself and tried to stop Maru from kill someone after seeing her like that.

I wanted to see Maru punch his lights out. It’s a great scene showing Robin couldn’t escape or rile him up, but he didn’t get what he deserved for terrorizing Kiruko.

man just let him kill that sonovabitch.

rape is one thing. but rape by one of your old friend?. well shit. guess it's still harder for kuriko to see him death

@wewedamdam I think Kiruko don't mind being raped if it can restore sister memories and Robin is more important than Maru now, so he probable escape after new guards show up. He can easily say people in the city that newcomers want destroy facility.

The hell you spare your rapist?

I thought she was gonna extract information from him so she told Maru to stop. But, she didn't do anything to him? Damn stupid.

Supporter
Something in Robin's reaction when he sees Maru tells me he knows something about him. Otherwise, why would he try to escape when he's older, trained to fight (as we know from Flashbacks), in a good physical condition and can believe at this point to have guards outside. After all, Maru is just a 15 years old boy, not appearing to be any strong, and hardly a threat for an adult who don't know him.
There's a lot we don't know about all these characters yet.

Dex-chan lover
Maru was phenomenal. Once he understood what happened, he went on the warpath. Watching this pathetic scum squirm like the worm he is was satisfying but don't you dare stop now.

Aggregator gang
spoiler alert!!!
so he is the one who shot the sister in the back yea? that explained why he make that face when she appear.

Okay, it's happening. Kiru's brain all fried, confused, not sure if she's Sis, Haruki, Kiruko or somebody else entirely. And I was RIGHT! A bit at least. I can't be sure if Robin forced himself on Sis before, but he was literally doing her right next to her sleeping brother and kid had no idea. That's what I meant by "Haruki's memories aren't all the reliable". He remembers things emotionally, as anyone in his position would.

To him, Robin was a caring big bro, good leader and a hero, while Doc was shady and probably complicit of what's happened to both siblings. In reality, we now see that Robin is and was corrupted even before, we can't know Doc's version and this "big bad" Robin was tracking Doc and skipped town. Convenient, right?

I think I've got it. Doc is AT LEAST not as bad as Haruki thought and Robin skipped town right after Haruki's death and right after HE SHOT SIS. The only thing that doesn't click in my head and why I have some doubts is... Doc skipped town too. Why? Was he actually espacing from Robin? Did he indeed do something evil there? Or maybe he genuinely saved one of the siblings, but knew that people would be sus of him when they find out that Haruki's now in Sis' body?

And I indeed hoped for at least more of a beating there. Like, theoretically launching someone headfirst into the wall with a punch could very well paralyzed the dude, but still, Robin's face needed more remodeling.

As for Kiru, I see that many of y'all think that are empathetic, while being nothing of sorts. Why Kiru didn't escape before? Maybe because she was broken and the place was covered by Robin's ARMED men? And Kiru didn't have the weapon on her neither, so I don't get the confusion. Not everybody's an action movie hero like Maru.

I loved the Bully Maru too. It was so good. Kid was imposing af, some psychological terror FOR Robin this time, not by Robin. The feeling of "no, you're not going anywhere, you can NOT run, stay in your filthy corner" - well executed. And Robin probably thought he was really like that too, when he was kicking some bums 5 years ago with hands in his pocket. Good way to give him some trauma, shatter his ego and THEN beat up the body.

I see that everybody wants to judge Kiru for stopping Maru too, lmao. Why does ANYBODY think she - the victim - should be the last person to decide Robin's fate? You don't wanna help, you want to feel good for beating a bad guy. Maybe you want to get hugged and kissed by the victim for it too?

I don't know Kiru's reasons yet, but maybe she's just protecting Maru from actually killing a person? Maybe she doesn't want him to become such a guy? Maybe she's still unsure what to do, seeing her mind is shattered? Or maybe Robin could be used better instead of just killing him? And those are only from the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread