Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 9 Ch. 54 - Anjulous ➀

Here's some character charts updated to reflect chapter 54, if people need help keeping track of the cast of characters.
Heavenly_Delusion_character_chart_01_updated_ch53.png

Heavenly_Delusion_character_chart_02_updated_53.png
Can i ask what chapter that post-timeskip laina and hani showed up? i reread but i think i still missed some panels

Finally caught up and damn, everything is coming together, so now the question remains, what is the Director trying to have Maru inject into Yamato? Who knows what she was scheming during her last days and since we never got confirmation that Maru killed the core of the Director's body, as he didn't know humans could have the core until he met with Totori, I wonder if she will come back as a man-eater at the very end of the story. Meena also is still questionable as she is the one that was likely covering up all the incidents that were happening on the camera involving Tokio and what the AI's endgoal is.

I also wonder what happened to Tokio as we saw from Mimihime's vision that Kano turns into a man-eater at some point in the future, and that could have already happened or still is yet to come.

Dex-chan lover
Finally caught up and damn, everything is coming together, so now the question remains, what is the Director trying to have Maru inject into Yamato? Who knows what she was scheming during her last days and since we never got confirmation that Maru killed the core of the Director's body, as he didn't know humans could have the core until he met with Totori, I wonder if she will come back as a man-eater at the very end of the story. Meena also is still questionable as she is the one that was likely covering up all the incidents that were happening on the camera involving Tokio and what the AI's endgoal is.

I also wonder what happened to Tokio as we saw from Mimihime's vision that Kano turns into a man-eater at some point in the future, and that could have already happened or still is yet to come.
Don’t know what the injection could be for, it’s definitely one of the big remaining mysteries.

But I think The Director/Mikura, despite having died of the same illness that Tarao and Kuku died from, may not transform into a Man-Eater since the brain of Mikura was originally a normal human brain. I feel like having a Hiruko-person brain is a likely part of the requirements for transforming into a Man-Eater.

Now rereading back to chapter 36, when Dr. Sawatari marked the right baby with a circle 丸 (まる; maru) - clever name right? In ch 37 when the academy staff showed up he said to them at first the one marked is to be returned to Tokio, but changed his mind with the not-marked baby. Does that make it likely that Maru was taken away from the academy while the the one - Yamato - was given to Tokio as if he was the bio baby?

Also caught up and now waiting a month for the next chapter is gonna suck, but by the time it'll happen I'll forget mostly everything... again

I just start reading and skip a lot of part, while i reading this chapter before the sudden reaveal, it suddenly click to me that Maru is tokio's kid. It really shock me when it reveal just after i thought about it.

Dex-chan lover
Now rereading back to chapter 36, when Dr. Sawatari marked the right baby with a circle 丸 (まる; maru) - clever name right? In ch 37 when the academy staff showed up he said to them at first the one marked is to be returned to Tokio, but changed his mind with the not-marked baby. Does that make it likely that Maru was taken away from the academy while the the one - Yamato - was given to Tokio as if he was the bio baby?

Also caught up and now waiting a month for the next chapter is gonna suck, but by the time it'll happen I'll forget mostly everything... again
Well Sawatari/Doctor Sakota didn’t mark “the right one” he just marked one in order to not mix up the twins any further than they already were. As he explicitly states in chapter 46, he doesn’t have any idea which one is the clone and which one is the original that Tokio gave birth to. We only know that the unmarked baby, Yamato, was given to Tokio, while, the marked baby (who is almost certainly Maru) was taken by Aoshima/Imanaga and other staff. But neither we the readers or the characters have any way to tell whether Maru or Yamato is the clone or not (because of Sawatari/Doctor Sakota mixing them up chapter 36).

Dex-chan lover
wow I caught up. I feel like I should just waited and watch the anime but I couldn't help myself. The chart also helped alot

Here's some character charts updated to reflect chapter 54, if people need help keeping track of the cast of characters.
Heavenly_Delusion_character_chart_01_updated_ch53.png

Heavenly_Delusion_character_chart_02_updated_53.png
I just caught up with the manga, and I was having fun until now, I didn't realised that Mimihime and Shiro were actually the patient and doctor Usami, the author did them so dirty, I was looking forward to seeing them until i saw this, also Ohma and Kuku the author literary killed some interesting, good and charismatics characters, now I am sad and kinda mad because for me, it was such a waste, the kids deserved a much better ending, Pretty much every kid that had screen time and was developed in the story died - Also, pretty much every hiruko that appeared was a kid, so the world itself isn't really that dangerous in terms of like monsters out there. Which makes things boring - I don't know, I am kinda disappointed with the story, Like, if you're going to kill every good character, that makes me feel like I just wasted my time reading, i hate the "makes you invested in the character just to kill it" for the reader to fell something.

Honestly now there is nothing interesting for me left in the story, no character to look forward to show up, the mysteries that had me interested were pretty much solved (maru mystery is not that interesting for me and who shot kiruko if they don't go further to explain that I wouldn't care), I just hope for a good ending for the main duo now and takezuka.

Last edited:
I just binge-read this manga today, and holy smoke.... the revelations in Ch. 54 are incredible. All the dots are connecting, and the tragedies in the previous chapters made me really sad now.

But... I'm incredibly upset with how the author treated the kids from the academy. Just like what luccasmd10 says, I got so invested in each of these characters...next thing you know, each of them died in a tragic yet unimportant dead. You connected the dots and you just feel like "that's how this character died? That's it?." A part of me understands why the author did it, probably to focus on the journey of Kiruko and Maru; and reduce confusion with a large number of characters.

Shiro/Usami, Mimihime, and Ohma deaths were probably the most tragic to me. Also, I'm curious how Ohma ended up with Usami and Mimihime. It's interesting because Ohma was rather attached to Mimihime.

Dex-chan lover
Note that the director probably became a monster because she died in a body of a diseased hiruko. Not sure she's aware of it though.
We don’t know if the Director/Mikura became a Man-Eater after she died. It’s very possible they might have not have transformed since the Director/Mikura’s brain was not a Hiruko-brain originally.

Dex-chan lover
ed93a3f280ad0baa088b48c32b06292eb2847d21.pnj

I'm just curious, Why man-eater/hiruko ohmo in chapter 19 get stone/harden like that in basement?? When i see tokio harden power in chapter 41 is looks the same as man-eater ohmo in basement, Is ohmo get harden like that by tokio power??

Dex-chan lover
We don’t know if the Director/Mikura became a Man-Eater after she died. It’s very possible they might have not have transformed since the Director/Mikura’s brain was not a Hiruko-brain originally.
You're right. I have a feeling though that what Maru crushes when he kills an hiruko is more related to the heart than to the brain. It does look to be more on the middle of the body on Tarao's ashes than in the head (granted, it could be deceiving). So I'm not sure having a different brain would block a hiruko transformation at death.

Dex-chan lover

I'm just curious, Why man-eater/hiruko ohmo in chapter 19 get stone/harden like that in basement?? When i see tokio harden power in chapter 41 is looks the same as man-eater ohmo in basement, Is ohmo get harden like that by tokio power??
Kiruko explains why in that very chapter, it’s the near death-like state Hiruko can go into.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Kiruko explains why in that very chapter, it’s the nea death-like state Hiruko can go into.
My theory for why Maru can kill Hiruko is that Tokio’s power basically allows her to manipulate “Hiruko material” at a fundamental level. He inherited that power and is using it on the cores to destroy them.

Dex-chan lover
Kiruko explains why in that very chapter, it’s the nea death-like state Hiruko can go into.
My theory for why Maru can kill Hiruko is that Tokio’s power basically allows her to manipulate “Hiruko material” at a fundamental level. He inherited that power and is using it on the cores to destroy them.
Hmm...i see, now i have 2 new theory, thank you guys for the information

Dex-chan lover
I binged this whole series in just a day, it's so good! Thanks a bunch for translating!

Edit: by the way, how do you guys know that the slug hiruko is kona?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread