Tenki no Ko

Double-page supporter
Why does the manga start looks promising than the movie's start?

Group Leader
@yamusing Since the movie is not available worldwide and probably won't be until the manga finishes (around 9 months, if it's similar in length to Kimi no Na wa) I started translating it, but keep in mind the movie is the original work and both the LN and manga are just based on it.

bnk

Just watched it in my local theater yesterday. Overall, I liked it. The ending was a bit disappointing though, and the music isn't as good as Your Name, but the ending song was great. Definitely going to buy the blu ray. Planning to watch it a second time next week

Not as emotional as Kimi no Nawa. Ending is more conclusive, but at the same time poses a lot more questions. As is with Shinkai's recent works, expect some cameos.

Dex-chan lover
The storytelling is a bit different from the movie so it feels fresh even if you've watched it.

Double-page supporter
Good stuff so far. Thanks for translating this, I hadn't heard of the manga or the anime. I'll keep an eye out for the latter now.

Thank you for the translation! I think that manga explains more things than anime. Also, you can see the main characters in a new light here.

Thanks for working on this. Didnt know this had a manga aswell but I can tell this will have me tearing up by the end.

is the story of the manga going to be longer than the one shown in the movie, like is it going to continue after the end of the movie ??

Group Leader
@HaraZhi
It's not stated anywhere. We don't even know how many chapters are left. But it would be really surprising if the story would continue, as I don't know any adaptation that did it without announcing,
Spoiler about the end of the movie:
I hope even if the end won't continue, the ring part from the end of the Music Video will be added to the story. A little nice extra.

Users who are viewing this thread